Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Carb Free? Come in....

Anyone ever go carb free?  I've done it before but get bored and fall off the wagon.  I've been able to lose a few inches in a matter of weeks when I do it though so I'm considering trying it for the next two weeks.  Anyway, suggest your favorite carb-free high protein foods please :-) 
Photobucket
Copyright Focus Photography by Janel Conlan
BabyFruit Ticker Life in the Fast Lane :::: The Hall-Ways

Re: Carb Free? Come in....

• Options
    I did South Beach for a while and my fave recipe from Phase 1 (no carbs) were the mini quiche cups.  You basically make a regular quiche without the crust, and you use a muffin pan instead of a pie pan.  I put lots of veggies (spinach, red/green bell peppers, mushrooms, whatever) and low-fat cheese in mine, and you can freeze them so they stay good throughout the week.  Good luck Tracy!  Carb free is tough, but it does work quickly!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I can't go carb free but I've been limiting it to only breakfast.  My favorite snack when I'm starving is celery with peanut butter.  But honestly to stay on track, I've been "feeding" off of my anxiety so my tummy is too upset to eat much.  Lol.
  • Options
    Carb free as in 100% ZERO carbs ever?  I wouldn't go that route.  I did it once for several months and although I did lose a ton of weight, I ended up passing out at work, being in the hospital for 3 days, and I still have periods of time when my blood sugar bottoms out for no reason.  The doctor in the hospital told me that if you go too long with no carbs at all, your body can forget how to digest them.  So PLEASE be careful!As for high protein foods, I'm all about hard boiled eggs.  YUM!  I never got into the protein bars/shakes, though.  If you have a Whole Foods or Fruitful Yield by you, they have a ton of carb free stuff and most of it is pretty decent.  Fruitful Yield sells 0 carb tortillas - I forget what brand it is but it's in a white package with green letters.  Those are pretty good as well.  GL!
  • Options
    For Lent last year I gave up anything made with  flour , and it worked wonders.  I still ate as many fruits and vegetables as I wanted.  Also, I felt a lot less bloated and my skin looked great.  Some of my favorite low-flour foods are:Turkey chiliChicken piccattaBroiled salmon seasoned any way with steamed spinachSweet potato oven "fries"Roasted vegetables
  • Options
    Actually going carb free is not healthy.It may help you lose weight quickly in the beginning, but you will end up gaining it back more quickly when you stop!You are supposed to incorporate all foods into your diet, but use portion control and make sure you are eating good carbs.When I first started trying to live a healthier lifestyle a couple years ago, I bought the biggest loser cook books and cooked only recipes from the book. My FI ended up losing 10 pounds just from me cooking differently! All the recipes are low salt, low fat, high protein. They are not low carb, but they all have a reasonable amount of carbs.Might be worth a shot....this way you would be more likely to stay with it and not fall off the wagon!
  • Options
    String cheese, laughing cow cheese (on celery and apples is yummy), Jif reduced fat peanut butter, turkey pepperoni. I'm also an egg girl like Lisa. If you go low carb/carb free, please make sure you drink a ton of water. Going into ketoacidosis (which is the goal for people who do carb-free) is really hard on your kidneys...so make sure you're drinking a lot of water to flush those ketones out of your system.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I meant to say low carb, not carb free. My bad. :-)
    Photobucket
    Copyright Focus Photography by Janel Conlan
    BabyFruit Ticker Life in the Fast Lane :::: The Hall-Ways
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards