Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ladies...I need your help please!!!

So...when I began my wedding planning, I wanted a wedding that was no fuss and just a fun day for everyone. That being said, we found a venue and hope to have both the ceremony and reception outside. We wanted to have food that everyone would love and that's not the usually fish, chix, prime rib, so we are having a well-know BBQ place cater. We are getting real utensils, setting the picnic tables nicely with linens, burlap runners, etc. I guess you can say I'm going for a rustic look overall. Anyway, I had originally been looking for a taffeta or chiffon, light, airy, flowy dress. Flower in the hair, no veil. Well when I went to actually try them on, I found that overall, that style did nothing for me, just sort of "hung" on my body. I ended up trying on a a full lace and bead, trumpet style dress with a chapel train, in ivory. Not at all what I expected, but it fit me like a glove and really made me feel like a bride! Now, I'm having second thoughts because it doesn't really "fit" the outdoorsy, relaxed theme. The lace makes it great for a garden/outdoor wedding, but is it just too much for the day?  My husband to be is wearing a khaki suit with a tie, I was hoping attendants would show up in sun dresses and khakis and dress shirts for the guys (ideally). Here is the link:http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49997265&currentIdx=0&subCategory=-49998492%7c-49997958%7c-49997265&catentryId=6126449&sort=

Re: Ladies...I need your help please!!!

• Options
    I think it's a beautiful dress and will be great for an outdoor wedding. If you feel that it's the one, then it's the one! It's your day, don't worry about it being too much!
  • Options
    that is gorgeous! I think it definitely fits the theme for an outdoor wedding. Maybe you should go back and try it on again. It took me 2 tries to know that my dress was "the one."
  • Options
    I agree with the others, IMO that dress fits the rustic feel, perfectly! YOu're the bride, so you SHOULD be dressier than everone else, but that one's not so dressy that you'll look out of place. I think it's perfect!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it fits the occasion.  The only thing I would question is, will it be comfortable?  Or too heavy and hot?
  • Options
    It's a beautiful dress, it's got a classic feel, and I think it would be great for an outdoor wedding.
  • Options
    From the tone of your voice and your description, I was expecting to see a very formal/indoors-y gown when I clicked on the link, but once I took a look at your dress, I think the dress would go very well with what you described your wedding would be like.  I think it's a very classic and versatile dress and you SHOULD feel like a bride! I don't think it's too much at all.   You could also accessorize your look with floral hair pieces and such.   I think it'll be great! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Here's the link again:  http://tinyurl.com/yhx6vwdI think it looks great for an outdoor wedding.  Not too formal at all.
  • Options
    I agree with all these comments! Hurray for you finding a dress you love, and it looks like it will fit your wedding theme very well!
  • Options
    I agree.... it works just fine (and it's lovely). I also thought the comment about accessorizing with flowers and if you feel you really stick out, maybe ask your maids to wear something that compliments. I think you're fine! Enjoy your dream dress!!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all of your help ladies!  I guess I was just having a bit of buyer's remorse.  I just went in there to try some on and see what kind of dress looked the best on, and it as the first one I tried on...only tried a few more on after it...and then I bought it!  I can be impulsive sometimes, so that worried me!  But you're all right...it's not a ball gown, it's my day, and I should feel like a bride!  Thanks again to all of you!
  • Options
    I think the dress looks beautiful and it will go really well with the outdoor theme!
  • Options
    I think the dress is very pretty and can easily be accessorized in the manner that you said to look more outdoorsy.  That train can be bustled and you'd be fine.You're a bride you should go with a dress that puts you in the best light no matter where you are having your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards