Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Venue Update

So after DF came home and was super excited to see the dinner and me, we went out to the LeMont which I loved but FI wasnt to sure about, after that we looked at the Mansion and we both loved it, but didnt want to sign any kind of contract just yet seeing as how we had two more people to meet with. Springwood, was a beck HECK NO after FI called to tell the person we were running a little late because we got tied up at another venue. Whoever he spoke with pretty much told him that nevermind, he was clearly not interested and it seemed that DF was wasting Springwoods time. I was furious! But let it go, Ill just make sure to tell folks that place is horrible! FI met with the person who rents out the big tents and after talking about it last night, we think that would be our best bet, he came home with tons of pictures of the person of other wedding receptions and things they can do and Im excited. FI grandfather is letting us use his beautiful land! Now we need to find cateres. 2 out of 3 bridesmaids are here in town and we decided to go look for dresses today while FI is at work, hopefully Ill be posting pictures of what we picked! YAY! Ill also be looking for my reception dress today as well! SO excited! So a major check, VENUE CHECK!

Re: Venue Update

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on selecting a venue- how nice of your grandfather to let you use his property. Have fun shopping today!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a tent wedding in September. I loved it! It felt intimate and fun. Mine was in the Rose Garden at the Aviary.For caterers, I have to recommend Opening Night Catering. They were fabulous! No complaints and the food was delicious! They did a custom menu for me and it was perfect.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on nailing down the venue - and GL dress shopping! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at the Springwood myself.  I didn't have any issues with the woman that worked there but I wanted to laugh in there face when it was all said and done.  I don't know if you got any pricing from them, but it was going to cost almost $150 pp to have chicken!  If you wanted beef it was an additional $3.  *end rant*  YAY for selecting a venue!  Have fun shopping this weekend with your BMs.  :)
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Yay for choosing a venue! Great check :) Springwood was the first venue my BFF/MOH looked at for her wedding. She called me immediately after and asked if $140/plate was normal. I about fell over. Why the heck is it so expensive?!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, congratulations on choosing your venue!  I think tented wedding are very romantic :)  Good luck with the dress shopping and let us know if you make any decisions!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards