Virginia

Should I be hurt?

A few weeks ago, two of my bridesmaids gave me a bachelorette party. They both said they would do it after my MOH said she couldn't afford to throw both the bachelorette party and bridal shower. The plan was to go out to eat and then head to a local club to hear a band play. Once we got to the restaurant, we all ate, ordered a few drinks and then asked for the checks. When the waiter asked if all the checks were separate, they both answered yes. I actually had to pay for my meal and drink. To top it off, the waiter ran my debit card incorrectly and my debit card wouldn't cover my meal. That's when my MOH stepped up to pay for the $5 my debit card wouldn't cover. When we went to the bar, neither of them offered to pay the cover charge for me nor did they offer to buy me a drink (after they both had ordered themselves drinks). In fact, none of my bridesmaids offered to pay for anything at the club, with the exception of one of them stepping up and paying the $5 cover charge at the club. Needless to say, my feelings were extremely hurt. Should I tell them about this? I don't mean in a mean, bridezilla way, but as a friend who is hurt kind of way.

Re: Should I be hurt?

• edited December 2011
    Unless they actually said "we will pay for your meal, your cover charge and your drinks" directly to you, you should probably have cleared it up with them BEFORE going out.  Never make assumptions when it comes to money and who is paying for what.
  • edited December 2011
    I would have been extremely hurt and disappointed! That is just ridiculous! It is too late now to say anything without things being awkward leading up to the wedding. However I would keep it in mind when purchasing gifts for your girls!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd be surprised. I would have assumed it'd be like going out for your birthday where everyone chips in a few extra dollars to cover your dinner. Or at least that's how birthdays worked with everyone I knew. Drinks, I wouldn't expect people to pay for. That's me though. I dunno if I'd say anything or not. I'd definitely thank the friend who paid your cover at the club. Not implying that you didn't thank her already, but bringing up how she did something nice might lead her to say something about the other girls not chipping in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards