Washington-Seattle
Options

Directions on the invite?

Do you guys think it's necessary to put a map and directions directly in the invitation?  I'm thinking of getting seal and send invitations to save paper.  There's not much room on it and I can't add an insert.  I was just going to put on the address and a website.  I figure everyone can just go online and mapquest it.  Do you think that's ok?

Re: Directions on the invite?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be nice to give your guests directions. But, the alternative is that they mapquest it which in this day and age shouldn't be that big of a deal. I would however give people an option. NOt everyone is computer savvy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not including them, just on the website, along with having my website link to weddingmapper.com where I have everything with directions they can print out. If someone really needs it they can always call but I think that in this day in age its totally acceptable! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't include a map and everybody found their way without a problem.  The people who aren't computer savvy got around before there were computers and still do today so....
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, we're putting the weddingmapper.com link onto our wedding website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be a good idea to add them somehow. Mostly for the out of town quests or if your wedding is in a location most people have never been to. As a guest to someones wedding I would espect one. The directions on googlemaps or mapquest aren't always right or the best ones so keep that in mind too!
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We aren't including directions in the invite, just the web address. With that in mind though, FI and I are the out of towners to our venue so our family knows where to go, so directions really aren't an issue for us. :)
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't lay a flat card on top of the invite? I'd at least do it for the older folks or guests who aren't Internet-savvy.A lot of girls have told me they had people calling them for directions the day of their wedding and that it was stressful and annoying--so I'd do as much as possible to avoid that! (For me, that includes not giving out my cell phone to begin with! Haha)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input.  I think most of the older guests who aren't internet savvy would be driven by someone else anyway.  I'll make sure that the directions are correct.  The first time I visited our site, I think I used mapquest, so hopefully there will be no problems...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards