California-Inland Empire

florist recomendations

I am trying to figure out if I should do flowers on my own or just do the traditional getting flowers from a florist. Does anyone have any good places they would suggest?

Re: florist recomendations

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! Do not do your own flowers. I helped a friend do her flowers 2 years ago and it took forever. I'm not joking....like 12 hours straight and we had 3 people and they didn't look that great. Plus, we had to help set up/transport and it was not easy. So, that is why I hired a florist as soon as I booked my venue. I love my florist, Amy, at Bride and Bloom Wedding Flowers. I highly recommend her. I know she does great work because I have already been to 2 wedding that used her. However, she is not in the IE. My wedding is in Long Beach and that is where she is based but I know she travels all over LA and OC. Seriously...her stuff is amazing and she has great prices. www.brideandbloomflowers.com
  • edited December 2011
    DO NOT DO YOUR OWN FLOWERS. Unless you plan on having silk flowers that you make ahead ,which some girls on here have done, then I would pay a florist. I did my own centerpieces and so wish that I wouldnt have. I used to work at a florist and thought that it wouldnt be that big of a deal. I ended up spending the day before my wedding running around picking up the flowers and making centerpieces. I had so many people in from out of town that I would have much rather have spent the time with. If you are on a budget and need a florist in the IE I used a shop in Redlands called Bouquet Florist. He was less than half the price of all the other florist quotes I had. The guy is a little kooky but he saved me about $600. HTH
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT DO YOUR OWN! There is way to much last minute stuff unless you are haveing a very small wedding and you wont have much to do. I had so much other crap going on the last few days that I would not have wanted to add flowers in the mix.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Bloomers in San Bernardino. I dont remember the pricing but she did work with our price range. In my opinion my flowers were really pretty.
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • edited December 2011
    I did my own centerpieces the night before- it actually wasn't that bad but we had a small wedding-only 50 ppl. I would never ever ever do your own bouquets they just never look right...You should go to Sandra's florist-she did it fairly inexpensive I believe and they were super pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally going to do my own centerpieces. However, our venue is a little over an hour away and FI suggested that we just not deal with it. If your centerpieces aren't that involved you could do them and then just have a florist do your bouquet...like Christine did. Our florist is in San Clemente. I don't know where you are getting married but it is Krista from Downtown Flowers. She is awesome and is very reasonable.

• edited December 2011
    Again, you guys are the best that is what I was thinking my sister said we could do it ourselves but I agree I need the time to visit with my friends and family from out of town because there will be alot. I am getting married in Orange County (Santa Ana) to be exact so I will take a look as those in that area and hopefully something pops up. I am sure if need be I can cut out something else to get some flowers. Thanks again, I was going along the line of saying no to making them but I just needed some expert advice! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, I second Bride and Bloom Flowers..love their stuff.  My best friend used her a a florist a couple years ago.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to give me your email I will send you my flower ladies info :)
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    san- i want the info!!! lol.....randi223@verizon.net
  • edited December 2011
    that would be fab! princesslucinda@hotmail.com dont laugh i have had that email since i was 15 :)
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey San, I'd like that info too! hotdevil1123 at hotmail dot com
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards