Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Acapulco?

Anyone been to Acapulco? Have any suggestions on where to stay? We're thinking of going there for our honeymoon, we found cheap flights and 5 nights at Fiesta Americana Villas for $1000. Wanted to know if anyone's been there :)
TTC since Nov 2010 met with RE in Feb 2012 Me: hysteroscopy and initial bloodwork all good! DH: SA great except morph 1.5% Trying to turn our family of 2 into a family of 3+ :) IUI#1 - 10/28, 50mg clomid/trigger = BFP! 12/12 1st Beta - 26, 12/14 2nd Beta - 20 C/P IUI#2 - 02/15, 100mg clomid/trigger + progesterone = BOFN (Big Ol' Fat Negative!!!) All welcome

Re: Acapulco?

• Options
    I've been to Acapulco, but in more of a "spring break" context than a romantic one :)  Where exactly is the hotel located?  I'm not totally sure that it has the kind of vibe you would want for a honeymoon.  It's very pretty and fun but sort of wild and gritty.  I feel like Cabo might be a better option if you want to go on the West Coast of Mexico.  What sort of questions do you have?  What time of year would you be going?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    Went there with FI just as a trip. There's not much to see in Acapulco -- we took the city tour and it wasn't worth it at all. Should've just stayed in the hotel. We stayed at the Fairmont Princess and for some reason, they upgraded us to a jr. suite. It was huge! We had a corner room with a balcony so it was L-shaped. The beach is pretty but filled with vendors hawking their wares (and won't take no easily). But there's a roped off section just for guests that keep these vendors out. The pools are nice and of course there's a swim up bar. We paid for tennis lessons at a ridiculous price, something like $30/hr or something and for an extra $4/hr, we got a ballboy when we played after the lesson. This is a good place to go if you just want to stay at the resort, pool, beach, eat, golf...repeat as needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards