Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

How to accept his proposal??

I know he is planning on proposing during that week between Christmas and New Years, but not exactly when. Anyway, my point is that I am not sure how to accept other than the typical "yes!" I want it to be as perfect as whatever he plans/says. He is truly my whole world and I want it to be just as special to him as it will be for me. Any suggestions? I'm not asking for a script, but a little hint might be very helpful. I really appreciate it! :D
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How to accept his proposal??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could scream "Heck yes!" and then tackle him to the groundOr say "nah...maybe later," walk away, and then turn around and yell "Just kidding!"Say "yes" in sign language?Do a little happy-endzone style danceImmediately call your mother and scream, "Mom, I finally got one!"Start naming your future children immediatelyDo an interpretive danceOh, I could go on and on...But seriously, in this situation, I think less is more :)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You will probably be surprised when he asks, even though you are expecting it. Whatever you blurt out will be just fine. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The *** is biatch, I hate it when the Knot censors incorrectly
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha Marissa I really wanted to say something to the same effect but I refrained. I ditto Marissa...why would you want it to be anything but a natural response? I'm sorry but this just seems crazy to me. I don't understand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think what will make it perfect for him is an excited "yes".   I'm not sure how much more special it could be.   It is supposed to be kind of a surprise, so I think it would make it a little weird if you planned your response.
  • Options
    pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Like everyone else you will have a natural reaction..  mine was "you have got to be kidding me" then "yes" then the endzone dance :)
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't even remember.  I know there were a lot of tears and big stupid grins and that's about it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The proposal is the only thing that the guy really gets to do, so rather than plan some big thing, let him have his moment. Just be happy with knowing that it's coming and do whatever comes naturally in the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other PP. A natural response is the best. I was so surprised I was speechless, all I could say was "yes!"
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a bummer you know EXACTLY when it is coming. Surprise is half the fun. Just go with your extinct. Like Banana said, it is finally HIS moment, act natural, and let your emotions take you through the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew mine was coming, just didn't know when. When he proposed I cried and nodded my head up and down because I couldn't talk and gave him a kiss. It's not what you say, it's how you feel...
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not what you say, it's how you feel... THIS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew exactly when he was going to propose, just because of natural logic and scheduling issues, but how he asked was still a suprise, I was so overwhelmed at all of his planning and thought (and the ring!) that  all I could say was "of course!". Just let it happen, and enjoy it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    why is it crazy appletango? I'm just wanting it to be equally special for him. I thought that was pretty selfless.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    God I need FFF.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really, it's already special for him because he's proposing to you!  Honestly, I think we're all just surprised you'd want to plan your reaction to his proposal.  If you want to do something else special, why not cook him dinner after he's proposed (later in the week) to celebrate?  In all honesty, it's already special enough, a planned response takes away from it IMHO.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh boo! Has everyone here forgotten the anticipation of THE moment? This is the most important question she'll ever answer, of course the yet-to-be engaged dear is thinking of what she'll say at the special moment. My dear, fantasize to your heart's content about how you'll answer. It's fun. Just know that anything short of "Why are you doing this?" will probably rock his world. Sometimes the best parts of the story are the most off the cuff.... the thing my FI liked the most was a few minutes after when we were sitting on the garden steps and a young couple walked by and I bizarrely blurted out "We just got engaged!!!!!!" Enjoy it girl
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you really want your answer to his proposal to be scripted?  I mean, why wouldn't you just want to answer him in the most natural way possible?  When he asks you, just answer with whatever comes to your mind.  Be it, "Oh my god" or a nod of your head because you can't form the words "yes" because you're crying...I don't know.  But I think you're putting too much thought into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first response was "the box is upside down." lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you're going to be able to plan what you say. Each proposal is different and the wording is different. Just say what your heart feels. Trust me, you'll do enough planning before the wedding that you can give yourself a break on this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards