New Jersey

Ring engraving

Generally speaking, about how many characters can be engraved inside a ring?

Re: Ring engraving

• edited December 2011
    I just googled it and found this... Its from a site that does engraving, but this is what they say about the max they allow... Why can I only engrave up to 20 characters on my ring?Our engravers have recommend a limit of 20 characters for 2 reasons: Firstly, to allow for your inscription to be centered as best as possible opposite the ring's markings (stamps, logos, diamond) and secondly for the engraving to be adequately spaced from those elements (i.e. markings, diamond etc.), so that your engraving looks well balanced on the inside of your ring.
  • dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my ring at kay jewelers, and they told us only 6 characters.....which is stupid...thats just the datewe didn't get mine engraved
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting from google that is 20-25... I'm bored so I'm happy googling :)
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be too much. There's a line from a song that I wanted FI to engrave in mine but I'm sure it won't fit. Oh well.
  • edited December 2011
    it probably depends on the size of the ring, as well as how much space is free for engraving. My band is a small size, then 1/2 of it has channel set diamons, so only 1/2 the ring was open to engraving. I literally fit A&D 8/14/09, in a small font! And its a tight squeeze. DH's ring however, is twice my size with no diamonds. I could have used full sentences for his! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards