Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

WEATHER IN VEGAS IN JUNE

Hello, we am travelling to Vegas in June 2010 from Scotland to get married around 27 June with family and friends and need advice about the weather.  We want to get married outside but we don't want to get married too late in the day to save waiting around so we are thinking a ceremony about 3:30pm or 4:30pm and we are wondering what the temperature would be like at this time - will it be too hot?Thanx

Re: WEATHER IN VEGAS IN JUNE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Highs are in they high 90's Lows which normally at night is in the 70's. Outside might be kind warm if you are not used to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! My cousin got married in June and it was ridiculous hot. That is the reason I chose to get married mid-April, I didn't want to put my guests through the miserable heat. Definitely make sure you have plenty of water and drinks for everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are two seasons in Las Vegas.  Not-all-that-hot and freaking hot.Coming from Scotland, you might find the 90s and 100s we have in June to be far too hot.  I would definately suggest holding your ceremony indoors, or perhaps bump your date back to around September when the weather is more bearable.FI and I chose March specifically because early spring is actually kind of nice around here. 
  • Options
    tamijoy514tamijoy514 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hot is an understatement. June in Vegas feels like a freakin pizza oven. One year, it was still 100 at midnight. EW.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in mid-May and the temp was over 100. I might conside indoor venues or a different date or an early morning or late evening ceremony. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone who left a comment.  We are now looking at getting married at 10:30 am so hopefully will be cooler!!
  • Options
    ClaireS80ClaireS80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, our ceremony is outside on 2nd June at 3pm! Looks like I'm going to melt everyone. Now I'm worried!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm feeling a bit better about our decision for an outside ceremony in january (FI is always too hot).  it might actually be cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married June 5th this year at 5:00pm in an outside ceremony.   It was only about 80-85.  If it early June you could be fine.  It really is the luck of the draw.  When we were there in 2008 a week earlier it didn't get warmer than 70 during the day, the week after it was 95.

Follow along with my nail polish blog at Color Me Jules

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI  3-4 pm is the hottest time of day here in Vegas. It doesnt start to cool down until sundown. Also end of June expect temps 105-110F.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards