Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Did you dance?

This probably sounds like a crazy question, but how many of you danced your way into the reception? I have seen couples who dance and couples who just walk in with the music. I think if I dance I might fall over! I know I will prob do what feels comfortable, but what did you do??

Re: Did you dance?

• Options
    We just walked in when the DJ announced us.  We're not the silly, goofy dancing type lol.  Don't feel like you have to have every little detail planned it.  Let it be spontaneous.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *planned out
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We walked in and a few short minutes later, we did our first dance. We can't dance and hate being the center of attention, so we just got it out of the way. Everyone else was on the dance floor the whole time, so that was a plus!
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We didn't even do the announcing thing.
  • Options
    we sorta danced..well more like moving to the music raising our arms and cheering. Actually that was more me lol, Marc was so scared but he did cheer for himself. and moved his hips
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We didn't do the announcing thing either.  We just walked into the cocktail hour like normal people (I didn't want all the fuss) and people automatically stood up and started clapping for us on their own. Do whatever you feel comfortable with doing- there's no rules to this.
  • Options
    no dancing whatsoever at our wedding. Its not our style nor any of the guests.  and for our entrance at the reception we just waited till all of our guest were seated at their tables and then walked in with the wedding party to music.
  • Options
    We mingled with the guests during the cocktail hour which was great and I highly recommend that brides don't hide out in the bridal suites, but mingle as we were able to say hello to all of our 160 guests.  After the cocktail hour was over, we had our introductions and we asked that everyone from the wedding party walks in with a dance.  It was a blast.  It got the guests going crazy, people were all standing, clapping, whisteling, screaming ect.  It was like a concert! After my husbund and I danced ourselves in, we did the arch and went into our first dance :)
  • Options
    We mingled during the cocktail hour and then walked in when announced to the reception.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    we just walked in. jlk - we have the same dress.
  • Options
    We just walked in. I, too, felt like I would trip and fall around all my dress and the tables, so we walked in. We did the toast right after walking in, and then sat down - we had a sweetheart table.
  • Options
    We did! We danced into the reception with Fallout Boy's "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a little more touch Me." Then we went straight into our first dance -- Justin Timberlake's "My Love".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards