Catholic Weddings
Options

Unity Candle Song

Does anyone have any good ideas for the lightening of the Unity Candle? We are having a ceremony without a mass and wanted to have a friend sing something while we light the candle. We also don't like the idea having to stand around while they sing and it be weird, so possibly something that we could shorten. Our priest said that since its outside of mass we weren't really limited, but he said to make sure it followed along the lines of a hymnal theme. That make sense? Thanks!
**TTC bestie/auntie to ShanRich0810's LO Started TTC-1/2011; Lap, appendectomy & Dx'd w/endo-9/2/2011; 1/2012-Met with RE, lap & hysterscopy-1/23, severe endo excised & polyp removed, BFP#1-5/13/12, m-m/c confirmed 6/6/12, D&C 6/13/12, IUI#1-BFN, Endo back, bcp to shrink cysts, IVF-10/11-ER, 8R, & 7M, ICSI-100%, 10/16-5dt, 2 blasts, 10/25-BFP!!
Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Unity Candle Song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The unity candle takes less than two min. We asked our musicians to prepare a short instrumental that could be extended or shortened to the time that was needed. Maybe you can extend the time by signing your marriage license right after that.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    TinyJeniTinyJeni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The song "And On This Day" is about the the Unity Candle (talks about two becoming one) and can be shortened easily. I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are thinking about having "Irish Blessing" played and printing the words in the program since we do not have a cantor. It is beautiful and I think appropriate for the ceremony. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgzKIsV01A0
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards