Wedding Party
Options

Does this obligate me?

According to FI, several months ago, after a pub crawl, I drunkenly told one of my friends that she would be a BM.  I wasn't even engaged at the time, and I don't remember it.  FI and I have long determined that we won't pick our wedding party until much, much closer - about a year out.  Does my drunken declaration to my friend obligate me?  I don't even know if she remembers it.
Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
"If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert

Re: Does this obligate me?

• Options
    Only a crazy person would hold you to a promise like that.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    she probably doesn't remember it either!  i think you're off the hook on this one
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    I'm thinking, no. And if it was long enough ago, and she was drunk enough, too, there's a good chance she doesn't remember either. ... Your FI wouldnt be messing with you, would he? I mean, not to say he's like a jerk or something, but idk, I know my own FI occasionally says random totally not true stuff and then tries to convince me it's true just to get my goat. Then he sleeps on the couch, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I didn't think I'd be expected to follow up on that!  So I'm glad to hear no one thinks I'm obligated.  I mean, I may still ask her, but I don't want to be making these decisions just yet!And no, I don't think FI is messing with me.  It sounds like something I would do and he mentioned it when we were talking about WP-related things.  Plus, he would have admitted to having me on by now.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I don't think so.
  • Options
    If you weren't even engaged when you said it then no!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards