Ohio-Northeast
Options

How far of a drive between ceremony and reception is ok??

Hi  again. geez I post alot... but I found a reception site  my FI and I are in LOVE with and the only thing is that my home church is 14 mi (20min) away. If we are going to have a few hours inbetween the wedding and reception , is this an acceptable distance?? be honest!!!Thanks!!!!!

Re: How far of a drive between ceremony and reception is ok??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think 20 min is a big deal at all. I've been to weddings that had a long break and the two locations were over an hour apart.
  • Options
    juliet1503juliet1503 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you'd be fine with that distance!  I can't imagine it'd be a problem with any guests whatsoever, but maybe make sure to consider that in case you have a couple of difficult folks who might need accomodations (rides, etc.).  Is there a specific reason you ask?  Did you have someone in mind or just considering it in general?

Our two locations were nearly an hour apart and for us, it worked perfectly.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to plenty of weddings with that kind of distance between the two places.  Especially if you are having a large chunk of time in the middle anyhow.  We had about a 15 min. drive between ours.  Only thing I would consider is where you want the hotel.  I wanted the hotel near my reception since I knew people would be drinking.  Our reception was actually at the Hyatt so that worked perfectly.  I knew some people wouldn't have cars (most college friends had to fly in) so we provided a shuttle to the church and back for the guests staying at the hotel.  Just some things to think about. 
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, anything up to 30 min is acceptable. More than that can be dicey, though for a specially unique spot, most guests would likely overlook a 45+ min drive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls!!! There is a hotel that is right by our reception and there is actually a FREE shuttle from the country club to the hotel so a lot of people will be sleeping at the hotel (even guests that live fairly close by such as our families) so I think it will work out. Plus the reception ends at 11pm which is kind of early so we will be heading to the hotel to keep the party going!!! thanks again!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards