Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Registry Q

So I'm having a registry conundrum. My problem is that we don't have any good chain stores in my town to register at, so all of my registry stuff has to be online. I'm registering at Amazon, Pottery Barn, and Honeyfund...but I'd also really like to register at Crate and Barrel. This is my condundrum: even though I have plenty of inexpensive items on all of my registries, will people think I'm a snob or greedy if I do both Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel? Also, it doesn't leave many options for people who actually want to go into the store to purchase something, instead of ordering online (which honestly doesn't make any sense to me anyway, since they'd just have to ship the gift to us in the end...but still), since not all cities have PBs and C&Bs. What are your thoughts? I could drop my Pottery Barn registry (even though I don't really want to because that's where the dishes I registered for are) and register somewhere like Target or BB&B. Or I guess I could drop the Amazon one, but I like that one because of the free shipping (it's expensive to ship to Alaska). GAH. I don't know. I give up.

Re: Registry Q

• Options
    Alison, personally, I say register whereever you want and don't worry about it. On another note...Did you register for Amazon's Universal Wish list?  Where you can register ANYWHERE through amazon?  I was thinking if you did this it would seem like less stores and you could have 1 spot where everything was listed (if for nothing else than your own sake).
  • Options
    stick with the amazon one b/c Target & Amazon are linked anyway. I'm pretty sure you can get anything on Amazon that's listed at Target.and I agree. You should register where you want. Who cares what people think.
  • Options
    I agree w/ pp. register where ever you want. I almost feel like I gave people too few options, and ended up adding things at the end we really didn't want or need, because my registry was pretty much bought by my shower. I didn't get much china, but I got a lot of gift cards to my where I was registered for China at. I have to say of all the 3 I registered at C & B was by far the easiest for myself and my guests. I had to return a few duplicates and they offered me cash or store credit, and you can send back w/ free shipping anything that you received. There is a card enclosed in the box you receive w/ the return shipping labels and a return card that you can mail back or do online. You really don't have to go into a store at all to do the returns. I ended up getting a lot of gifts from Pottery barn.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    I think you should register wherever you want! :) Sure, some people might think it's too much, but other people will love all the options. You know you can't please everyone. Also, definitely keep your Amazon one, like you said the shipping is free and it is expensive to ship to Alaska. That's really smart thinking for your guests.
  • Options
    If you want to do an online registry anyway, why don't you use myregistry.com? We are using it so that we didn't have to pick just 2 or 3 stores to register at since you can add things from anywhere and still just have one registry. Plus, if you do want to have an in-store option, they let you sync your target and crate and barrel registries with your online one, so people can still look up your registry in the store and it will be updated online if they buy something. I think its stupid for people to judge you based on where your registered, but doing one online registry like this will help you avoid the problem entirely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards