Oregon
Options

Mission Mill Museum

Has anyone been to a wedding here, having yours there, or heard anything about it? We're looking for a place for an indoor reception. Thanks!
imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Mission Mill Museum

• Options
    PDXPhotoGrlPDXPhotoGrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the place in Salem, right? I shot a wedding there 3 years ago. It was pretty cute. The ceremony was in the cute little chapel and then the reception was in the barn.It had a rustic feel if that's what you're going for. I liked it.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Options
    Michle315Michle315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We checked it out before settling on the hotel we picked in Salem. It looks wonderful, I loved the exposed beams and dark hardwood floors. They also provided lights for the beams (depending on room)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a reception at the Mission Mill. It was on the 3rd floor of the larger building. I'm not sure if it has a name. The first floor is the museum I believe. It has a glass elevator to the 3rd floor. There were twinkle lights intertwined in the ceiling. The interior is very classy.
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your help! Definitely helpful as we try to narrow things down for site visits... and the rustic/exposed beam look is what we were hoping for. This is looking promising!Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The big room is called the spinning room. I've been to lots of parties, receptions, lunches up there. It's really nice Not sure when you're planning your wedding, but in the summer, its hot as frick up there. Just something to keep in mind.  
  • Options
    summerslaosummerslao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second that last post.  I went to a wedding there in the summer and it was so hot!  I don't think there is any air conditioning and with all the people it was unbearable.  It is very pretty there though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good think we're planning a fall wedding! That would definitely have been a deal breaker for a summer wedding. I HATE going to miserably hot/stuffy weddings.
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *thing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding there next September!  We are using both the Spinning Room and the Chapel for the ceremony.  It's perfect for cooler weather because there is plenty of space indoors in case of rain but beautiful grounds if it's nice. I've been there for many different events and always loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards