New Jersey - South

rehearsal and rehearsal dinner

hi girls - did you send out invitations to your rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, or did you just notify people by word of mouth? FI's parents are covering the cost of the dinner - should they be the ones extending the invitation, or should it come from the bride and groom? thank you!

Re: rehearsal and rehearsal dinner

• edited December 2011
    I sent invitations.  I also typed up a very loose time line to let everyone know what is happening and when it is happening the day before and day of the wedding and put those in with the invitations.  My FI's dad is covering cost of the rehearsal dinner but our situation is a little unique because FI's mom passed away years ago (and we all know women are more likely to do something like send out invitations!) and FI's father is diabetic and practically blind.  So, he physically could not easily send invitations.  My solution was to send out the Rehearsal invites and when I wrote in where the dinner was I wrote that it was hosted by him.I highly recommend sending the time line too.  Everyone loved it and it eliminated for me everyone asking what time things were.  Now we all have it written down and know what is going on.  Hopefully!!  :) 
  • tunneltunnel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't send out invites, but basically the only people invited were people who were at the rehearsal.  So when I called to tell them about the rehearsal I told them about the dinner afterwards.  Worked out just fine.
  • edited December 2011
    It could depend on the amount of ppl you are planning on inviting. Some families open up the rehearsal dinner to out of town guests if they are in the area at that time. It depends if you are allowing your bridal party to bring dates etc. Invitations might be an easier way to keep track of who is coming but if not then I don't see it being necessary word of mouth or even an e-vite would be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    We got very cute, very reasonably priced invites from VistaPrint. I do not think sending invites are necessary, but it helped me (1) feel confident everyone in the BP knew when and where to be for the rehearsal and dinner and (2) allowed us to easily invite dates/others and keep track of who was coming. We hosted the rehearsal dinner, so we sent the invites and tracked the responses. In your case your FI's parents should be listed on the invite as the hosts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards