New Jersey - South
Options

spray tan?

so im getting married in april and i am very pale. i would like to have a little bit of color for the wedding but i really don't want to go tanning because i usually just burn. i was considering getting a spray tan because a friend of mine had it done somewhere and it looked really natural but then someone told me it might come off on my white dress. is that true? any suggestions?? thanks!

Re: spray tan?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you get the spray tan a couple days before the wedding, and get a few showers in, it should not rub off on your dress.  Before you go get the spray tan, make sure you exfoliate your skin so the tan looks more even and not blotchy.Since spray tans do not look the same on everyone, I recommend getting a test-tan weeks/months in advance to see if you like it, or if you may need more than one spray session to get your desired color.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol I just re-read my reply and I sound like I work for a tanning salon... sad, I never have.  I'm very fair and used to tan (both sun and beds) a lot but now I'm trying to use lotions and spray tans to save my skin a little.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did it once a few months ago and made the mistake of wearing a white bra that day. Even though I toweled off thoroughly after the process was over, my bra still got stained and it still has staining even after several washes. So I would definitely recommend doing it about a week to 5 days before the wedding to avoid staining your dress!
  • Options
    coreybride127coreybride127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a spray tan before going to Jamaica last April. It turned parts of my black and white bathing suit orange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    musicheals, I told a salon owner the same thing about bronzing lotions (that they stain your bra) and she acted like I was nuts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a spray tan before my wedding and before my sister's wedding a few weeks ago. I went to Healthy Tans in Deptford both times and loved it. I did do a "trial" several weeks before my own wedding to make sure I liked it. I had some orange under my armpits at the end of the night, but it wasn't noticeable.. I was also sweating. I liked the way my turned out, and I, too, am super pale!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Miguelhilary, you're definitely NOT crazy! My bra was orange even after several washes. The orange has faded somewhat, but it's not totally gone either.
  • Options
    scclark78scclark78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also gone to Healthy Tans in Deptford several times for spray tans.  I'm pretty pale and get the lightest one they have - natural I think.  I would go 2 days before your wedding.  I went the day before - because I was used to it and knew what to expect.  I did have a little bit of orange-brown on the armpit area of my dress by the end of the night but I was also sweating and dancing up a storm!  But I think they do a real nice job there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Endless Summer Spray Tans in Mt Laurel. I went about a month before the wedding to test it out and then again two days before the wedding. I thought they did a great job. As eb and scclark said, by the end of the night I too had orange in the armpits of my dress - and I too was sweating and dancing up a storm!!! It all came out when the dress was cleaned, so you do not have to worry about permanent stains.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third Healthy Tans.  They do a fantastic job and my clothes have never gotten stained.  I always wonder how they can airbrush me WITH undergarments on and manage not to stain anything.  The lightest tan (natural) is the best one because it just gives you that healthy glow.  Anything else and you will look like you were vacationing in the islands.  Definitely just do a trial and follow their instructions.  I'd recommend it!  No orange oompah loompah if you go to Healthy Tans :)
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use to own a tanning salon and I had the Mystic Tan at my place. I was really great but some things to consider. I would do it two days before to keep from rubbing on your dress, if you wait too long (by day five) it may be faded out to your natural skin color. If you do a Mystic Tan you definitely want to use a body scrub and moisturize before you go.(Go to Mystic tan's website to find authorized salon) If you decide to do an Airbrush tan, call the place first and ask what you should do before hand, there are different types of airbrush tan out there and the prepping process may be different. Also make sure you are going to a place that is highly recommended. A not-so-good place maybe using a cheaper solution in there machines that will cause a "bad" tan. But as others have said save yourself stress and try it out way in advance. One more thing, if anything goes wrong, Lemon Juice and salt-scrub, scrub, scrub!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards