Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding Flowers

Hey girls I had a few questions about peonies! Did any of you use them for your wedding? Are they very expensive? What months are they in season? Thanks so much!

Re: Wedding Flowers

• Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted them, but unfortunately, they aren't in season right now.  They are in season from December - Late May/early June.  I could probably get burgundy ones, but those aren't my colors.When's your wedding?
  • Options
    lthomelthome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is april 2011
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    page Dang she used them. They looked gorgeous!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had them formy May 9th wedding, they were in season thenI drove by that River Oaks flower store the other day and they had a sign that said they had tone of peonies, but I didn't think they were in season right now.They are pretty expensive, but I didn't use them in every single arrangement. PIB if you want to see.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at getting them for my 12/27 wedding and it was going to cost $20 a stem.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was in april and I had them.  They were beautiful, and my florist did not charge me much more at all for them.  I used Donna Senter - The Senterpiece.  She is wonderful!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My floral designer expertise is fixing to come out ;) First of all, you can always get any flower you want any time of the year... with that being said, if they are not in season, you will pay a TON more for them.  Peonies are generally an expensive choice to begin with compared to roses, etc.  They are up there with orchids and actually even a little higher in some cases.  Your wedding is in April, so you are safe.  Spring time screams peonies!!  They are gorgeous!  By far, one of my favorite flowers.Another alternative to peonies are garden roses.  They have that same "fluffy" look... sometimes you have to really look to distinguish between the two.  Hope this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards