Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews - sorry so late!!!

First of all let me say thank you to everyone that provided me advice during my wedding planning and for the posts that are on this board.  I planned my wedding long distance and without this board would have been a little lost.  I could go on and on about my vendors, but will try and keep this short.  If anyone has any questions about my reviews please feel free to email me at juliekrieger@gmail.com.  My rating scale goes up to A +++Wequassett Inn - Outer Bar and Grille A+++I could not have been happier with the service we got from the Wequassett.  Amy Walsh was our catering manager and working with her was a piece of cake.  The resort was so accomodating and took care of everything prior to and the day of our wedding.  It ended up raining on our wedding day and even though we didn't stay at the resort, they gave me and my family a room for me to get changed in.  Amy worked with us up to the last minute on weather issues and having the ceremony outside as planned or on the deck since it was covered.  They made sure we had everything we needed, including our own staff member throughout the night, the food and cupcakes were amazing, staff friendly...I could go on and on, but just know I cannot say enough good things about this resort.  My mom got sick the night before our wedding and when Amy and I spoke the next morning, she and the resort had no problem with a last minute menu change for her.  My husband and I will defintely be going back and if I had to do it all over again I would pick the Wequassett (or any of my vendors) in a heart beat.  They took care of it all for us.Fancy Flowers - Meredith Fancy A+++Meredith did an incredible job.  I loved my bouquet as did my sister, mother and MIL.  Meredith made the planning process painless, helped me pick flowers in season, colors that would go well together and what would and couldn't work for corsages.  Hubby and I wanted to stay within a certain budget and Meredith made sure that happened.  Even the little details (such as the lobster basket, flowers to decorate the cupcake stand, flower girl basket, entrance table) were amazing.  Any recommedation she made was definitely for the better and her expertise made the planning process easy to deal with.  It was easy to let her know exactly what we wanted and she helped us in the areas we needed.Danielle Ross Make-Up Artistry A+++I did not get the chance to have a make up trial, but I wouldn't have put my faith in another artist.  I met Danielle for the first time in person the day of our wedding, but even working with her over email and the phone put me at ease.  Her natural style is what caught my eye and Danielle lived up to her work.  She walked me through each step and being someone that doesn't wear much makeup everyone commented on how natural I looked.  I didn't even feel like I had any makeup on.  The free lipstick she gives brides comes in handy and her prices are extremely reasonable.  Everyone in my bridal party got exactly what they asked for and had no complaints.  My makeup held up through the rain, tears, smiles, kisses and even a little icing!Chatham Hair Company - A+++I initially had a trial with Oasis Salon and while they did a good job, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.  The Wednesday before my wedding I had a trial with Linda, from Chatham Hair Company, where she showed me several different styles rather than one.  She did such a great job I couldn't make my mind up on which style I wanted.  The day of my wedding, I let her pick and couldn't have been happier with my hair style.  It was exactly what I was looking for, romantic and easy, and held up all night long.  I was putting flowers in my hair which were being delivered to the house along and Linda showed me and my sister where to place the flowers when I was ready to put them in.  My sister and sister in law also got their hair done and both loved their hair.  We also got manicures there the morning of and they seemed to last longer than the usual ones.Heather's Hairport - A+++My family and I (sister, mom and dad) went here to get our nails done (my sister and I got pedicures and my parents manicures) and the staff was super friendly and accomodating.  They did a fabulous job!Dave Solimine (DJ Good Times Unlimited) A++We met Dave the day of our wedding, but working with him over phone and email was easy.  Dave himself was easy going and very friendly, exactly what we were looking for.  He also has an online worksheet for you to fill out and input all the special songs to be played.  Prior to annoucing us he came over and met our family and to see if there were any last minute changes.  He kept people on the dance floor all night and everyone said they had a great time.  The only negative thing I have to say is that all the songs we requested to have played weren't, which was partially due to things getting a little pushed back due to weather.ACM Photoart A+++I find myself looking at our pictures over and over again.  Annalise has that easy going, laid back style that my husband and I are all about.  Annalise was exactly on the same page as us in the type of style we were looking for in our photos.  Even with the rain and the formal photo's inside, she did a great job on capturing everything we wanted throughout the evening.  A few additional requests for pictures were also accomodated.  Our chuppah unfortunately was out in the rain during the ceremony and Annalise was able to photoshop a picture of us under it.  We had fun during taking the photos and a little goofing off was encouraged.  Annalise did a great job of capturing our guests naturally.  Even when we first chose Annalise, we knew we wouldn't be able to utilize the engagement session as part of the package we choose and she gave us something else instead.  Her rates are reasonable and I'd use her again, even just for a photoshoot around the cape.Reverend Nancy Wurlitzer A+++Reverend Nancy was awesome.  The day before she walked us through the ceremony and everything we needed to do.  Her personality is great and the ceremony was beautiful.  Even our personalities shone through the ceremony she performed.  She was able to roll through the weather challenges (talking loudly over pouring rain) and went with the flow of the ceremony.   Sorry my reviews ended up a book and I hope they help you out during your planning process.Julie

Re: Vendor Reviews - sorry so late!!!

• erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is sooo helpful when brides come back and do reviews.  I just googled Chatham Hair Company but couldn't find them.  Do they have a website?  Did you go to their salon or did they come to you?
  • erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also if you don't mind I would love to maybe see a picture of your hair!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats from another Outer Bar bride!  Did Amy coordinate your wedding or did Kalson?  I worked with her until I booked, then got "transitioned." Also I would LOVE to see any pictures that you are willing to share!
  • jkriegerjkrieger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think the Chatham Hair Company has a website. Their number is 508-945-9009. They are a smaller salon, so you have to go there to get your hair done. When you put down a deposit they mail you a gift card for that amount and you use it toward your day of cost. I don't have my proofs yet, but our pictures are up on Pictage and I can email you a few from there of my hair if you don't mind emailing me. Sorry, I can't figure out how to post pictures on here. CCBelle - originally we met with Amy and then Kara was assigned to us...she got a promotion and we worked with Amy. I don't mind sharing pictures...shoot me an email and I'll send you our slideshow. I'd love to see your's as well or do you have them posted already?
  • carolyns4882carolyns4882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So happy everything went well for you! Your review of the Wequassett is great to hear...I am getting married there in June and am nervous about everything! That's wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Julie - I don't know your email address :-(  Why don't you shoot me an email and we can exchange photographer websites/passwords!  Mine is erin_pepin at yahoo.comGlad Amy was able to work with you!  We really enjoyed meeting her doing the selection process.  Kalson was good, but very busy the weekend of and dropped a ball or two.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards