Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Centerpiece Cakes

Chubbybunnie's post made me think of yet another thing on my list...a poem for the person doing the cake cutting at the reception.We are having individual cakes as centerpieces at the reception.  We are designating one person at each table to be the "cake server".  However, we didn't want some people to cut the cake just willy-nilly we wanted them to wait until after we cut the cake....which FYI we will do within the first 10-15 min. of the reception because it would just be torturous to be at a table with a wedding cake and not be able to eat it for an hour or so....I came up with this poem...tell me what you think ladies...Please take noteThere will not be a toast.However, there will beThe Loving Cup Ceremony.After the Bride and GroomHave taken their last drinkPlease do us the honorOf serving the cakeA generous sliceFor each guest to take.There is also a card at each place setting describing the loving cup ceremony.  Do you think it will convey the message?  TIA

Re: Centerpiece Cakes

• Options
    hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't worry...not using...I understand...the poem sucks and will just be leaving clear instructions instead......
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    As a guest, I would rather be responsible for cutting my own slice instead of someone else who may not have a clue what size portion I want to cut it for me.If you do a circle divided into 8ths (or 10ths) depending on how many each cake is suppose to serve...  Do table tents that have one side with the flavor of cake on the table, and on the other have the cutting guide with a note that says "Sometimes it's just a sliver, other times dessert is best served first, other times it's worth the wait.  Enjoy a slice when your table is ready!"
  • Options
    bethakbethak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the cake as centerpiece idea has got to be my favorite wedding idea yet. That is so creative....love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards