North Carolina

Raleigh or Wilmington for a bachelorette party weekend?

We are traveling a short drive from Richmond and are looking for a fun weekend in either Raleigh or Wilmington.  We are not familar with either area so its hard to make the decision...any opinions?

Re: Raleigh or Wilmington for a bachelorette party weekend?

• Wilmington! It's not quite as big but downtown is a blast and it's beautiful with the water (Cape Fear River enters the Atlantic here...) It's got that great southern feel but the college keeps it young and poppin :)
  • Any recommendations for nightlife there?
  • I'd definitely go online and look for a hotel on Water Street. There are two large malls, spas, clubbing (if yall wanna do all that, Water Street will be within walking distance), and the beach (Wrightsville Beach) is about 15 minutes away.
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Downtown Raleigh has a ton of nightlife.  Where you should go depends on what you want to do when you get there...
  • My fiancee is from Raleigh but went to college in Wilmington and I would say it depends on what you and the ladies are looking to do. I would probably say Wilmington so throughout the day you can lay out on the beach and hit the beach bars one night and then the next night go to downtown wilmington. D
    Raleigh is always a lot of fun when we go out there too so its a tough choice just depends on what all you all want to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards