Texas-Austin
Options

cake- sorry for the repeat

I know this question has been asked a ton in the past month. However I can't find any of those posts now, when I am contacting bakers. (Is it possible to search for posts that aren't shown on the history?). Recommendations for bakers? TIA and sorry for the repeat!

Re: cake- sorry for the repeat

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Torte Bella and could not have been happier! We went to tastings at Matty's, Blue Note, Michelle's, the Sweet Stuff, and Torte Bella and it was definitely our favorite. We tasted three flavors and loved all three, so we ended up getting all three! They bake the cakes on the day of and the delivery charge is minimal. We were also floored when we realized that the taste we liked the best was also the cheapest by hundreds of dollars. We had so many people rave about the cakes. One girl said it was "heaven" and a groomsmen said "it was the best thing he'd ever tasted." We had a lot leftover and it was still moist and tasty for days after the wedding. I know, because I think I ate half of it. I would seriously check them out - you won't regret it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Torte Bella too, and everybody loved the lemon cake we chose! I ate leftovers for breakfast two days after the wedding and it was still delicious! I would highly recommend them!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakeism. Amazingly delicious cake and looked EXACTLY like we talked about. Super professional, delicious and affordable. Highly, highly recommend!
  • Options
    sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just For Fun Cakes is awesome.  They charge by the layer, not by the "serving" so you wind up saving alot of money.  We had them do a baby shower cake and it was amazingly AWESOME! We're hiring them for our wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Classic Cake by Lori in Dripping Springs. They were the best baker we visited and they really seemed to understand what I wanted with my cake (the cake is way more important to me than most anything else). I still have 5 months, but I can't wait to eat more of their cake!!
  • Options
    TXAnnTXAnn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Simon Lee - beautiful cakes and so delicious!!! Judy Lee has been super sweet and nice! They are a bit pricier than others, but we really wanted a yummy cake, so we made it a priority. We met with a wedding coordinator a few weeks ago who said Simon Lee is definitely the one to go to for shaped cakes... She told a story about a groom's cake from another bakery that was supposed to look like a football helmet but ended up looking like an easter egg with a longhorn on it and said Simon Lee is the best for out-of-the-box ideas and shapes!
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved Simon-Lee as well.  Though they were costlier than other bakers, we signed up for them at the Bridal Extravaganza and took advantage of their show discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blue Note Bakery. Angi has such creative flavors and all are delicious. We didn't have any cake left at our reception! We tasted Michelle's Patisserie and Matty's but Angi's were better I thought. GL!
  • Options
    cecebinTXcecebinTX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! We're going to try to do tastings at Simon Lee, Cakeism, and Torte Bella. Now the task of finding a weekend when they're all available...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I just checked out your bio and saw that you hired Becky with BZ Events to coordinate your wedding! She was my coordinator too. :) She is so fantastic, you won't regret that decision one bit!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    bjfriedlbjfriedl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Classic Cakes by Lori in Dripping Springs for my daughter's wedding. The cake was unbelievably delicious and was exactly what we wanted. She helped us design it...it was perfect. You can't go wrong with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jeana with Humble Pie Desserts - google it, she has a large website with samples and her cake is yummy (per my family who did a tasting) I live too far away and have to trust them, but they are in love with her work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards