Florida-South Florida

Review: Adorama.com Photo Book / Album (PIP!)

I have printed albums with Shutterfly and Blurb before, and I thought their quality was "alright" but not where I would want to print my wedding album. I have printed many a photo with Adorama (a photo pro store in NY) and once they started offering photo albums, I decided to give it a try. But before doing the whole wedding album for ourselves and our parents, I wanted to give it a try.

I made a 6x6 50 page album of our engagement pictures with Ashley (they only give you the option of exactly 26 or exactly 50 pages) through their website. The web tool wasn't the most intuitive, but once I got the hang of it, I really liked it. It gives you a lot of flexibility, including the ability to put images slightly rotated and to make some images darker or lighter (more of a background or foreground).

Overall I am really pleased with the book. The photos look the best I've ever seen in a printed photo book and I think it's because they are developed in real photographic film. The pages are super thick (see pictures) and every page can be opened and laid completely flat, which means you can have one picture take up the whole spread. I really wanted this for our wedding album.

It cost about $32 plus shipping for this 6x6 album. I think $38 total, which is a total steal IMO. I am thinking we will make a 12x12 album for ourselves from the wedding pictures, and a 6x6 album for our parents and grandparents.

One recommendation thougn, if you order from them. Do NOT put a picture in your very first page (the first page after you do the cover). If you see at the bottom, the glue from the cover makes that page kind of funny. I think it would be best if that page didn't have a picture.

Here are some pictures of the finished album.

The cover, it's kind of shiny. I like it. They only have wraparound cover options, no leather.

\

Inside pages, including the whole page spread

The thickness of the pages is really awesome, almost like a children's book. I think it'll last a really long time.

The first page where I don't recommend putting a picture (maybe some writing at the bottom instead?) Here you can see what I mean about the glue from the cover (look at the top of the picture)

I hope this helps someone!!

Re: Review: Adorama.com Photo Book / Album (PIP!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards