Florida-Central Florida

instead of bridesmaids flowers....

chic purses! Is this a great idea or am I just weird? Something like this with one or two more roses (they are removable)  :

I am able to have these customized through a shop on etsy (one my favorite sites in the world). my colors are green and purple so I thought green bags with purple or white roses since they are wearing purple dresses.  Then I can also choose different pattern fabric that match each of my maids personalities and have their name monogramed on the insides. I thought this would be a cool way to save on floral money and give them an unique gift.  

What do you girls think? Cool or weird?

by the way the guys are not wearing boutonnieres only pocket squares my FI made that clear to me hahad, he thinks they are dumb. 

Re: instead of bridesmaids flowers....

• edited December 2011
    i like it!  i think its totally cute if you're not having a super traditional wedding. =)
  • edited December 2011
    Soooo effin' cute. I want one, can I be a BM in your wedding? lol
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cute and now I have a great gift idea for my girls !  Love your colors...they are mine too! :)
  • edited December 2011
    like it! :) i'm not doing flowers for my girls either!! instead, wrist coursages
  • edited December 2011
    ok so i am not crazy. Maggie your colors are purple and green? what shades?  I like the wrist idea. My FI thought they might not like holding them but I was like well otherwise they are holding flowers. I just have been friends with my bms for years some since 3rd grade even! I just want to give the a special custom item that they can use after the wedding. 
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, my colors are purple and green.  If we were to get technical, I am going with plum and the green similar to antique green hydrangeas.  :)  How about you?  What shades are you doing? 

The purses are super cute and I am seriously considering getting one in ivory for myself.  Just not sure I would end up using it.
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey did you ever decide on a church and a date?  I was wondering what happened with that?  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, the bags are cute.  
  • edited December 2011
    my colors are African violet (believe it is a pantone color) and what I would describe as apple/summer green. Kind of a middle color green.  I've decided I am wearing green shoes too (as this is my fav. color).  

As for the church Theresa, that has always been Annunciation.  I grew up there and parents attend mass every sunday. I have never dreamed of getting married anywhere else. We talked to the coordinator there (Judy, very nice) and we now have to find a church up here in DC to do our pre-cana and dispensation papers. Then have them sent down to Orlando once finished.  As for the date well that seems to be the hardest part about planning this wedding. We want to get married next year and July 23 seems like a great date.  We want a saturday 23rd date and there are not many of those. Or it would be June 23 2012. Which logically for us 2012 makes more sense since we are paying for this wedding ourselves mostly so it would give more time to save.   Really not even sure I took a break of thinking about it honestly for about a week because with everything else going on in my life this month I was ubber stressed!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Annunciation too!  Did you ever decide if you were going to get legally married first or not? 
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually seen that before, where the bridesmaids carried clutches. I think those are cute.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think we are. I just know my parents wouldn't understand and they are already having enough of time with this wedding anyway.  At least at this point we aren't who knows few months down the road can change a lot of things. 

Yes I love Annunciation. I went to grade school there, taught prep there, was a peer minister for life teen, baptized there, and worked almost every fall festival till I was in college and confirmation.  One could say it was a second home growing up for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Such a cute idea! One of the girls on weddingbee is doing purses instead of flowers, I wish I could remember who.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really cute idea!
  • edited December 2011
    if you find out who I would love to see!
  • edited December 2011
    I love this idea and MIGHT borrow it. All of my bridesmaids will be wearing a different color, so this would be a fun way to tie their look together. I love Esty too, but I use it for inspiration more than for shopping. Good Luck!
  • elspeth1elspeth1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it! I'm big on not being traditional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards