Oklahoma

Time problem... NEED HELP!!!

Our ceremony is set to start at 6:00pm on Oct 23rd next yr.  The sun sets at 6:45pm.  I'm supposed to have 2 hrs of prep time and pics without FI before the ceremony.  If it's cloudy we will not have enough time to take pics afterwards with family, and FI and I do not want to see each other before the ceremony.  So the photographers have asked us to move it up to 5:30.This would be fine, except I will loose 30 min of time for me to be able to get ready because the venue will not let me in before 4pm... AND, since the ceremony starts at 5:30 instead of 6, they will take 30 min of time off of my reception, making it end at 9:30pm, thus shrinking my facility time to 5.5 hrs instead of 6, eventhough I will still be paying the same price as if it was 6 hrs.The problem is that we have to decide whether we do a 5:30 ceremony, pay the venue extra money so the reception will go until 10pm, and pay for a hotel room for me and the girls to get ready in so that we can go to Dominion House at 4pm, get me dressed, and start taking pics that do not include my FI....  OR  do a 6pm ceremony, hope it's not cloudy.  I am already over budget, and this problem is just going to put me further over if we move to 5:30.so...  i want to hear from past brides.  do you cherish the pics of you getting ready more or the formal family pics after the ceremony more?Is it worth shelling out the extra money to get a nice hotel room for nice pics of me and the girls getting ready?Any other ideas of where we could do makeup and hair since I won't have time to do it at Dominion House?  If we only have 1.5 hrs until the ceremony, the photographers want us ready to put my dress on and then pics right after as soon as we get there.any other ideas are welcome!  Sorry this is so long!
Anniversary

Re: Time problem... NEED HELP!!!

• shmurrow06shmurrow06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need to move the ceremony, unless outside pics with your fi are that important to you.   My wedding is December 18. The sun sets around 5:30, and my ceremony doesn't even start until 7:00. I refuse to see my fi before the ceremony, so we are going to take all of the getting ready pics and all of the pics we can take without both of us before the ceremony. I think we'll be lucky to have any pics outside with sunlight.   After the ceremony, we are going to take some pics outside in well-lit ares. I've also found nice pics inside, that aren't just of people standing at the altar, and will show them to my photographer so she knows what I want.I guess you just need to decide what is most important to you. Good luck! Hope I helped.
  • edited December 2011
    Have a friend take pics while you guys are getting ready. I always think the pictures of everyone getting ready are soo cool and there usually the most simple pictures that anyonoe can take. Just get a throw away camera or even someone with a good camera and let one of your girls take the pics.
  • lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a problem with the photographers taking pics of us getting ready.  We actually have them for the whole day, so they are not a concern at all.  My only concern is having someplace that looks nice to take the pics.  We are paying A LOT for our photographers (photography is a hobby of both my FI and I, so its our one big splurge).  The Dominion House has a beautiful bride room which photographs really well, so I had my heart set on that.Also, I fogot the most important peice of info...  we are having an outdoor wedding which is why I'm concerend about lighting.  There is not anywhere nice looking inside for us to take pics.  There is plenty of light for during the ceremony, the only concern is if it is cloudy for taking family formals with both my FI and I in them after the ceremony.I think I'm leaning toward 5:30...  but I still don't know.  It's going to cost us more, but FI pointed out it's just a fraction of what we are paying the photographers.  I just can't figure out where to get read that is photogenic for nice pics.any ideas?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think you need to think about if getting ready pics are that important to you. I mean really? Does the background really matter? Or could you just have your hair done then just do makeup in the bridal suite and placing of veil for pics?I like pp of have your BMs take the pics too for anything missed. If you are leaning towards earlier, then just do it! I understand money could be an issue, but I also think what happens if the weather doesn't play next yr and you wished you changed the time? Besides, the weather could be crappy no matter what time, this is Oklahoma!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards