New Hampshire
Options

Everyone ok?

Everyone survive the storm?  It was pretty bad in Manchester, we never lost power, but the roads are awful and I lost power at work for 12 hours.  How is everyone else?  I hope mother nature gets this all out now and we have a calm spring/summer :)
April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Re: Everyone ok?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We lost power last night and it just came back on around around 7pm. Last night was pretty scary but we survived :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been thinkng about you girls, my parents are still without power and my Mom/Stepdad's custom above ground pool they just put in last July was destroyed! Hopefully you are all safe, sending positive knottie vibes your way!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    Starfish724Starfish724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're ok in Bow. We only lost power for a few hours on Thursday night, and no trees through our house. Unfortunately our neighbors had a tree fall on their house Frown
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We left thursday night for the weekend. I guess we lost power sometime Thursday night. As far as I know it's not back on yet. I won't be home until Sunday, I'm glad we left for the weekend. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of you guys too!  My parents are in Sandown NH and they said they lost power Friday morning and they're hearing they won't get it back until Monday or later :o(  I'm an hour and a half away and feel so bad that I can't help or just give them a place to shower!  Hope you all have your power back and great weekends!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're okay in Nashua. We live on the third floor so we were away from the fear of flooding, but the wind was terrible! No downed trees that I can see around our complex, but my parents are without power up north. They say it could be for days.  We're heading up there tonight for pre-cana at 8 a.m. tomorrow. They have a generator so at least we'll be warm and have coffee!!
    My FILs are without power, but they didn't have the sump pump disaster from the ice storm of '08. They have the generator running. Hopefully they'll be back up soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We lost power Thursday night - still out (I'm hanging out at the library for warmth and sanity).  I came home late Thursday night to find one of the smaller trees on our property line down across the neighbor's front yard and into the street.  It doesn't appear any damage was done, and I'm not sure who technically is responsible since the tree is exactly on the line, but scary stuff...
    It's also getting VERY cold with no heat...  my house is 50 degrees now...  I am going to have to go to the gym to shower.  Yell

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent:

We lost power in Derry Thursday night.  We still don't have power today.  On top of it all we had 7 inches of water in our basement.  A monsoon in our 1st floor bedroom.  I have no idea how it only rained in the 1st floor and not the 2nd and 3rd. 

We drove to MA to pick up a generator from my family.   We got it back to NH $70 in gas later the generator wouldn't run our freezer for more than 20 minutes, it wouldn't run our pellet stove and our last resort was the heating blanket and it blew up.  Smoke and smelly plastic.  So me made a fort in the bedroom and tacked up a sheet on the wall to keep our heat in the bed lol.

Now we're back in MA at my mothers house....  I don't know what I hate more the winter or our old house!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lost power thursday night....Just got it back!!!!
    Thankfully it didn't take as long as last year!

Glad to hear everyone is okay, minus the power loss...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm good! I live on Hampton beach for the winter, yikes what a mess. We lost power at 11:30 right before the huge fire and apparently got it back yesterday but we were at my moms. I was pretty scared but our apartment didn't get any damage but there was shingles, lawn chirs and insulation flying around everywhere, haha. I'm glad you all survived! I'm glad to have power and internet back, yayyy!
  • Options
    rachael898rachael898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank god we didn't loose power but my downstairs (we live in a split level) flooded!!! It was all I could do to keep up with the water coming in.  To make matters worse, one of the rooms contained all of my wedding stuff all ready to go in boxes since I'm getting married next Saturday!! AND my wedding dress was down there.  Everything is ok, THANK GOD, but I am going to have to get it pressed sometime next week again because it's shoved in a closet where it is safe from water.  I am glad everything is ok and know it could have been much worse.  This is only my second winter in NH from VT and between being out power for 8 days last year and now this I'm thinking all NH winters are nuts!!  At least it was this weekend and not next week :/
  • Options
    Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We live in downtown Manch and just got power back around 6:30pm tonight. The worst part of the whole thing was losing our wedding cake topper to the defrosting. We were lucky that our heating elements in our apartment are so old that they don't run on electricity and we had heat and hot water. Anyone who needs to is more than welcome to crash at our place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i heard you guys all got some terrible weather!  my folks (up near lebanon) had a tree fall on their house and lost power on thursday.  they are saying it will be at least a week until they get it again.  apparently their town was one of the worst hi in NH, over 60 trees down on their road alone!  they are staying at a hotel for now.

glad you are all safe and sound (and dry!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards