Arizona-Phoenix

Need Fun Retro Style Ideas!!!!

Hi there! 

I am getting married in November 2012, and found an awesome art gallery downtown called The Bentley Projects. There is a lot of fun and contemporary artwork that will be hanging up on the wedding day, and I need some help with the style of my wedding. 

Since it is in an art gallery I would like to run with this style, I am going to purchase a tandem beach cruiser bike for fun to put by the gift table and to possibly use in wedding photos. I am letting the bridesmaids choose their own dress that looks good on them and makes them feel comfortable. I also am buying Jones soda pop bottles in our colors, which are deep purple, honeysuckle yellow, and a sage green...for a better description of the colors.

I need fun retro ideas for centerpieces and decorations. think like late 60's and early 70's retro, not hippie retro or marilyn monroe retro. I welcome all suggestions!!!

Thanks so much-
Charlotte!

Re: Need Fun Retro Style Ideas!!!!

• NJWheatcroftNJWheatcroft member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Charlotte!  It sounds like we have a lot in common!  I'm also getting married at Bentley, also incorporating a tandem bike into our wedding (we have a bedroom full of cruisers and vintage schwinns at our house), and doing the casual bridesmaid thing (just one bridesmaid to keep it easy).  For centerpieces, I found gerbera daisies to be great fun and bright- and sounds like it would follow your Jones soda theme, and also I'm going to make wheatgrass centerpieces.  Just bought the wheatgrass to start trial runs!  Good luck with everything!  Also, we're incorporating pinwheels in the walk way- just a few ideas for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards