Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair/makeup trials

How close to your wedding day did you do your hair/makeup trials?

Re: Hair/makeup trials

• Options
    I did mine 2 months in advance
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did my makeup trial yesterday and its 9 months til my wedding..a little early, but it's another check off my list.
  • Options
    I am most concerned of all things about my makeup so even though i'm a long way out...I'm doing lots of those. Had my second trial yesterday. I'm getting closer to finding someone I like/trust! :)
  • Options
    I must be brave, my hair trial is tomorrow, three weeks from my wedding. But my hair is really easy to style up because I have a ton of hair. Not doing a makeup trial.
  • Options
    Did my makeup trial about a month ago and I am still 8+ months out... I wanted to book her ASAP and just wanted to feel comfortable with my decision... I am!And hair - I am waiting until the spring because I am growing my hair out before the wedding and want my hair at the trial to be closer to the length it will actually be the day of the wedding... Makes sense... HTH and GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did my hair and makeup trials about 3 weeks before the wedding.  I made them the same day as my final fitting so I could see the whole look.  Worked well, but it all came out much better the wedding day (which I didn't think was possible!)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    one month
  • Options
    I've had the same stylist for 17 years and she does an up do for me every year for Christmas so I'm not at all worried about my hair other than giving her the time to "create" lolLike others my real concern is my face. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I don't want to look over done. I haven't done anything about finding someone yet and I have 24 days to go. Ug! Maybe my stylist can recommend someone.
  • Options
    I'm doing my own makeup, so I'm trialing it starting about a month ago (and my wedding isn't until May). any time I have an opportunity to do fancy makeup, I just do different versions of what I think I want for my wedding makeup.I'll probably do the hair trial about a month or two beforehand.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I'm doing my hair trial three weeks before the wedding, but I've started playing around w/ make-up only here recently. I'm doing my own b/c I don't like other people touching my face! haha.
  • Options
    I did my trial 2 1/2 months ahead of time. I also used Kim Piech (www.kimpiechmakeup.com) and she did an amazing job on my hair and makeup.
  • Options
    I have someone who has been doing my hair since i was in grade school, but no idea who to use for make up. I like Bobbi Brown make up, should i just use someone from there? or is it better to get someone who works on their own? opinions?
  • Options
    I am having my first and only hair trial tomorrow. Crazy, I know, b/c our wedding is in 16 days! However, I totally trust the lady who is doing it. She did my friends hair for her wedding and it turned out great! However, makeup is another story. I am totally lost with this one (meaning I haven't gone to anyone yet). I say go as early as you want that way you have time to find the exact look you want for the wedding day and have one less strees for the rest of your wedding planning : )
  • Options
    They are both three weeks before the wedding.
  • Options
    wow, my wedding is in 6 months and my hairstylist does not do wedding hair, so I am having a trail done this Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards