Maryland-Baltimore

*AJEROME*

HiI noticed that you're having your reception at Habor Magic. I'm taking a tour with Heather next Wednesday.  Just wanted to get your thoughts on the place and people?thanksSuprena

Re: *AJEROME*

• ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather is very nice.  You should really like her.  We are having both our ceremony and reception there.  Ceremony outside - if it doesn't rain.  If it rains we are having it in one of their smaller rooms which is really pretty.  So they have a good backup plan.  Our reception will be upstairs and the room is so pretty!!!  Windows wrap around the room and you are right on the harbor.  The view is beautiful.  We are only having 100 guest.  The max up there is 125.  So if you are having a bigger wedding I wouldn't even look at the room because in my opinion it's the better of the two rooms.  The other room is downstairs... it holds more guest and is still nice.  One cool thing about the bigger room is your wedding will have access to a private patio.  I believe sometimes brides/grooms will have their dance floor out there.  I don't understand that.  I know that room holds more guest but I can't remember the exact number.  I really fell in love with the place when I went.  My mom and FI kept saying it was so "me."  I hear mixed things about the food.  Two of my friends attended a wedding there and said it was good.  One friend said it was just ok.  But then again how "great" is mass produced food?  If you book with them you get a complimenty guest room but we upgraded to the suite.  I really like the place, it's a little more modern and a little different. Hope this helps you a little.  If you need more details (prices, etc). just let me know.  I can give you my email address.So when are you looking to get married?How many guest?Would you have the ceremony there?Let me know how your tour goes.  I hope you like it. :)
  • robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think HarborMagic is a group of hotels, not just one.  But from what you are describing, it sounds like you chose Pier 5.  I remember Heather; I have worked with her when we held 2 Charity Events there.  The upstairs room used to be a nightclub, called The Harbor Club and The Cobalt Lounge at different times.  It really is beautiful; I once taped a television show in there and the views were fantastic.  My godmother also had her 40th birthday party downstairs and it was very very nice.  I don't know much about the other hotels under the Harbor Magic umbrella but they'd probably be worth checking out too.  I think one is the Admiral Fell Inn which is over top of one of our favorite restaurants, Meli.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, robyn is right.  Harbor Magic is a group: Admiral Fell Inn, Pier 5, and BUrkshire Suites.  If you're having in the 100-125 range, you HAVE to look at AFI.  I loved it there, Melanie Parenteau is the coordinator and she is totally sweet. I was totally devastated we could not have our wedding there due to size.  There was unfortunately no way we could get the 200-person guest list down to 120.  The hotel has 80 guest rooms for a decent price and I have heard from other vendors we looked at actually that the AFI chef is one of the best in Baltimore!  My MOH's cousin got married at Pier 5 and also had a great experience so I'm sure you will be happy with Harbor Magic, we liked them a lot just didn't fit our needs size-wise unfortunately!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Harbor Magic is a group of hotels.  Even though superena38 didn't specify Pier 5, I assumed that is what she was talking about.  One, she mentioned Heather and Heather does the tours for Pier 5.  Also, she asked me about my reception which she had to get from my bio - which clearly states Pier 5 and has pictures. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweet - did you get your cd yet?
  • robynjdmrobynjdm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't correcting you ajerome;  I assumed you knew, but wasn't sure of the OP knew that there are others to choose from in that group, or that it was a group of venues at all.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto robyn on explaining my love for AFI/Harbor Magic.  Ajerome- yup I did.  267 photos, holy cow!  They're great!  This afternoon I posted about a hundred to FB... do you have FB?  I'll try to find you, people always say they can't friend me... must be my privacy settings. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no problem. i thought you were correcting me and im like hello... i know, i am getting married there. lol. that makes me happy that you know people that had such a good experience there. that is something i like to hear. suprena - i did forget to mention that Heather is not the best at returning phone calls/emails.  She is super sweet so it's not her being rude.... i don't know what it is.  One time I sent her an email and she got back to me in 5 minutes!!! However, I sent her an email three weeks ago and she still has not got back to me.  I know she received the email... i had a list of questions and one was about someone getting in contact with me.  That person did contact me the next day but she still hasn't address my other questions.  They are not super important and I actually forgot about it.  I am sure next time I email her she would get back to me.  Just wanted to give you the heads up bc if I am going to give a rec - I have to be honest with the pros and cons.  Again, she is super sweet and I think maybe she has a lot on her plate so she may overlook and forget to return calls/emails.  sweet - u found me, u little dectective you. lol. WOW - the pictures turned out GREAT!!!! I know i have said this, but I LOVE the pink door pic and how cool is it that the address is your wedding date!! lol.  there are so many good ones!  I see she made you guys jump too. lol, i was in heels and i thought my heel was going to break! lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Ajerome Well my appointment was schedule for today, but Heather has canceled (:  Thanks for your reply.  I'll be sending you an email to get more information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards