Oklahoma
Options

bridal shower favors

are you supposed to have thank you favors at the bridal shower?if so, what did you give away?any ideas for unique, inexpensive favors?thanks ladies :)

Re: bridal shower favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The hostesses at my showers didn't do favors and I think it's perfectly fine not to have them.  At one of my showers we played games and the hostesses (my sister and BM) put together some little gifts for the winners--things like notepads, lotions, candles, etc.
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the last post reminds me of something...most of the showers, both wedding and baby, give those little gifts out to the winner of games, but then they always give it to the guest of honor.  then i went to a shower where they did not do this and when i won i felt weird b/c no one else was doing this and i didn't want to put anyone on the spot.what is the etiquet rule on this?  are you supposed to hand the gifts won over to the guest of honor or not?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to any kind of shower where the gifts ended up going back to the guest of honor.  At my showers the winners just kept the candle or whatever they won....I would've felt weird getting everyone's "prize".  Plus, getting a little gift is a reward for having people play all those games anyway :)
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if its a region thing.  I have only been to one shower where they didn't give the gifts to the guest of honor.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every shower I've been to, the prizes ended up going to the bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards