Texas-San Antonio

wedding coordinator

My fiance and I are trying to decide if it's really worth it to have a wedding coordinator. I don't want her for every step of the planning. I just want to make a budget with her and discuss contracts with her as well as hopefully get some special deals on vendors. I've pretty much decided what locations I want to have everything, but I'm not sure if I'm getting good deals...and I feel I need some advice on this. The other options is to just get the coordinator for the wedding day. I heard that this is a good thing to do. Is is true though? Does it really make a difference? What do they do on the wedding day? Thanks ladies!

Re: wedding coordinator

• edited December 2011
    Think of all the little things. Like if everyone is down the aisle for the ceremony and you are the last one in who fluffs your dress?Who gathers all you things at the end of the night and makes sure everything is there?Who lines people up for the send off? I've been to several weddings lately and the ones who had coordinators the brides were much more relaxed and could enjoy their day.
  • edited December 2011
    I also did all the major things myself, but I am thinking about getting a day of coordinator to help with the relaxation of the bride on the wedding day. My church has someone, and the reception site has someone, but it seems like having a DOC might make the day a little more seamless.
  • edited December 2011
    You can get a "Day Of" or "Day Of Plus" Coordinator that will help you with all that you mentioned. I did all of the main planning, but my coordinator (day of plus) gave me suggestions on a few vendors I needed advice on, helped me with the budget, the layout and flow/schedule of my day, and took over all the vendor dealings the week or two before (confirmations, emailing schedules, etc.). She and her assistants ran everything on the day of, and I was SOOO relaxed that it was all taken care of. I am REALLY happy I went with the coordinator, and I always suggest it for other brides. I have seen some nightmares happen from bad planning and preparation.
  • edited December 2011
    I just posted information about my wedding coordinator - Panache Event Group (Stacey DeWine). I got the day of package and it was the best money I spent - HANDS DOWN. She also is great with vendors. For instance, you may like two vendors but can't make a decision. She will guide you in the right direction. OR if you are having an issue with vendors she has no qualms stepping in to help you out. She is quick to respond and professional when you need her. Just because I got the 'day of' package, I still felt like I had her support the whole way through. She was extraordinary and I trusted her. Not once did I get a phone call the day of my wedding...it is the best feeling to know everything is taken care of. You have so much going on that day, the last thing you want to do is stress over the preparation of the event, making sure everything is timed right all the way up to send off, etc. And trust me, timing is everything. It goes by so fast but it is SO FUN! Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Becky Sosa for day of wedding coordination and she has been great.  She has even helped me when I've had some bumps in the road.....like when my DJ canceled on me (she found someone who offered to do it free of charge!) or figuring out how to change a room over in an hour, etc... I'm definitely happy I have Becky.  Her company is Stress Free Events and she is based in San Marcos, but has been really available to me.  I'm excited about relaxing on the wedding day and letting her make sure all of the details are taken care of.I really wanted to do the bulk of the planning myself, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stressed the day of!
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. If you tell her that Rachel recommended you she may give you a discount.  She gave me a discount because I had a rec from another knottie!  HTH!
  • BukiaBukia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I'm overwhelmed by the response to this question. Thanks so much ladies. You have no idea how much you've helped me. ScottandCaitlin, I want to do exactly what you are doing. I'm going to work with SimplyChic Weddings. They are new, but I got a discount because I was referred to her by a relative she works with and she seems competent in what she is doing. I decided to go with the package where I have a couple of meetings and definitely day of. Thanks again everyone! Everything each one of you have said has helped me tremendously.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I've met the lady from SimplyChic--she is really nice. I think at least one (if not more) of the bride's on this board are using her, so you can probably do a post to ask specifics.
  • edited December 2011
    Catching up on all the posts so I know I'm late but I hope this helps! I hired Simply Eventful and she has been awesome!
  • sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its totally worth it to have a wedding coordinator.  My sister couldn't have made it without hers and because of the stress I saw from her wedding, I'm totally hiring one for ours.  My recommendation would be Stephanie from Your Wedding, Your Way out of Austin.  Her prices are low, so you save money even with travel fees.  She's super sweet.  But even if you don't hire her, seriously... get one! You'll need someone to fend off all the stress from your day... you should totally relax!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards