North Carolina
Options

Wilmington

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for beautiful ceremony/reception sights in Wilmington, NC. I found Orton Plantation online, but of course they are closed for renovations. I love that atmosphere with the outdoor facilities, and still an indoor option. I haven't had any luck with google or venues listed. Please help...I'm lost!

Re: Wilmington

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of areas in wimington, just depends on what you're looking for :)

1. River Room downtown has nice views of the riverwalk and it's pretty at night. Seen lots of pretty weddings there!
    2. Elijah's on the river walk can do small weddings (not as big a space, but pretty).
    3. Airlie Gardens is gorgeous for an outdoor wedding!
    4. Then you have lots of places actually on the beach, if you want a beach wedding: blockade runner, holiday inn resort, and shell island. Also check out Blue Water grill, they can do nice receptions for a smaller group.

Hope that helps :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Balcony on Dock Street is nice!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bnhigginbnhiggin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone is so helpful! Thank you for your suggestions; I'll check those out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Upper Room.  It's $3000 and includes all the tables and chairs.  We fell in love with it right away.

http://upperroomnc.com/index.htm
  • Options
    rle0002rle0002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also the Arboretum and Greenfield Lake which are outside/garden venues for the actual ceremony sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards