Getting in Shape
Options

The Scale has moved in 2 weeks... HELP!!!

Any advice for boosting weight loss when your body weight seems to have leveled off?

Re: The Scale has moved in 2 weeks... HELP!!!

• Options
    Try switching up your foods, adding intervals to your workouts (you can do that on pretty much anything- a bike, the elliptical, the treadmill, etc), or changing your workout routine to include different machines.  Adding lifting to your regimine, if you haven't already, would also help.
  • Options
    Also, be sure you're eating enough.  I lost a good amount quickly, but then- perhaps because my stomach shrunk or I was just too busy- I really didnt eat much of anything for a good week.  I thought I would have dropped a bunch of weight but I actually gained a lb back.... you have to have at least 1200-1300 cal. per day for your body to not go into starvation mode!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Ditto the other's advice.  Make sure you're eating enough, and switch it up.  Some people have seen good success busting through a plateau by eating more for a few days. (Good, healthy food mind you, not Big Macs).

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Best advice I've received about this is to throw out your scale and get a tape measure.  You're weight loss might stall, but your body composition is probably still changing. 

The advice above about adding in intervals, and weights is also spot on.  I also recomend running stairs or doing the stair master.  You can also try makeing some sharp changes in diet.  Cut out carbs, just eat salad (no dressing) for dinner, that sort of thing.  Goal is to kick your body out of its comfort zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards