California-San Diego

Looking for a Caterer

For some reason this part of the planning seems to be the most difficult for me. I have no idea where to begin looking, so I thought I'd ask here: can anyone recommend a caterer?I'm having a backyard wedding in the summer, so it is a private residence and I will need rentals and everything like that. My budget is by no means large, but I am aware that this will take most of my money.The more they include that is food-related, the better (I found one that includes DJ, wedding planner, and photographer which I thought was a bit odd). I don't have a cake or anything yet so if they do that too it would be wonderful, but if not it's no big deal.Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a Caterer

• edited December 2011
    I waitress part-time for Waters Fine Catering so I may be biased but their food is SO good. Very modern style but they also do comfort food with an upscale twist (ie. grass-fed beef sliders, "oreo" sandwiches made from scratch, etc.) Their price is a bit on the high side but I believe they coordinate the rentals for you and set them up too. They have a bunch of diff service styles, too, so if you're on a budget it may be cheaper to have them pass club plates or they can do buffet stations where they have a server put the plate together for your guest versus a self-serve buffet. Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Laura & Brian | October 23, 2010 | Planning Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I'll definitely look into it
  • edited December 2011
    Another good one is the French Gourmet!  I think they handle the rentals they need on their end and they do cakes too.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely look at West Coast Catering. The food was delicious (we got tons of compliments) and their prices are amazing. They also have tables, linens and chairs for rent as well. Olga is the head of catering and she was great to work with.[url]http://westcoastcater.com/catering.html[/url]
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Excellent, two more to check out. Now I feel like I might be getting somewhere haha thanks so much for the recommendations!
  • edited December 2011
    Sweetcheeks Bakery for a cake. DELICIOUS!
  • daniellepandadaniellepanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out devine pastabilities in pt loma, the owner damien does catering for as little as $9 per person for the food plus rentals, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jziegler13jziegler13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peartree Catering did an awesome job, from my perspective as a guest, at a recent friends wedding. The food was yummy!Once you've narrowed it down a little, be sure to check out yelp.com and the BBB to see if the company has any negative reviews too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards