Destination Weddings Discussions

Death in Family

Hi Ladies,
I've never posted here- mainly because I found this board just recently and my Maui wedding is almost here (November 3) and I had stuck mostly around the Hawaii board.  You all seem so nice on this board.
Anyways, I just need a place to express my thoughts.  Wedding is less than two weeks away and yesterday my 43 year old cousin passed away unexpectedly of a heart attach.  Needless to say, my family is pretty devastated.  All of the services will take place this week- funeral where he lives, burial here at home.
My wedding is still going on and his parents let my parents know they are still coming- he would have wanted it that way.  He was supposed to be there.
Right now in the fog of sadness I wonder how the day will be and how I will feel, because I can't see it being the happiest day of my life, with such sorrow looming.  We are having a picture of him on the guest book table and my dad wants to say a toast.
I don't know that I'm looking for advice, as much as just going through the motions of grief.

Re: Death in Family

• I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this... ***hugs*** Your cousin will be there in spirit.
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry as well steph, there really are no words to help at this moment. Just try and remember as Lora said that he will be there with you in spirit. You should also celebrate not only your marriage, but that for moments at a time during a very hard time for your family, they will be able to smile, laugh, and enjoy fellow friends and family members company... We're here for you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Know on your wedding day, that in Hawaii, legend has it that when the wind blows on your day it is your loved loves surrounding you with their love and blessing. 
  • Thank you Kimmy, and thank all of you ladies for your kind words.
    I hope to feel the wind next Saturday!
    I'm hoping that the wedding can remind us to celebrate and live for the moments we have.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_death-in-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:bb3bf945-74c2-47c9-9698-1b1053635d92Post:197790d6-9ee7-4e75-a4dd-44279f0a043c">Re: Death in Family</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Now on your wedding day, that in Hawaii, legend has it that when the wind blows on your day it is your loved loves surrounding you with their love and blessing. 
    Posted by kimmykupcakes[/QUOTE]
  • I am so so so sorry. I know EXACTLY how you feel. My wedding is less than 2 weeks away and my grandma died on Sunday morning. My stress level is beyond gone right now so I know how you feel. Hang in there and PM me if you need anything or want to talk! <3
  • Sorry for you loss ladies. I couldn't imagine going through something like that. Remember the good times and fill your hearts with joy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards