Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I want to go hoooooome

I'm stuck at work for parent teacher conferences.  They started at 2pm, it's 5:45 now.  I'll be here until 8, then have a 40 minute commute home and I'm soooo tired.  I've been staying off tk b/c I my computer is in full view when parents come into my room, but it's after the dinner break and the halls seem quiet.  8 parents have come to see me so far, which is a lot for me!  Yay for bigger numbers in my choirs!Is it okay if I curl up in my office and take a nap??
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I want to go hoooooome

• Options
    I vote yes.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I give you permission!  Take a nap you pregnant lady.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    betrothed - will you be a character witness if they catch me and try to fire me?

• Options
    Without a doubt :)
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I thought pregnant teachers were required by law to take naps after working for 8 hours....;)
  • Options
    Ughhh, most people still don't know that I'm pregnant yet.  However, right now I look like I'm carrying 5 babies since I get soooo bloated after I eat.  It's gross.  I'm glad I wore a stretchy skirt today.

• Options
    katie - I wish!  My office is carpeted and pretty clean since I'm the only one ever in here.  I could definitely ball up my coat and be out for awhile.  Only problem is that I take looong naps.  I'd wake up and set off the alarm and that would be bad.

• Options
    One of our math teachers is about 5 months and looks like she popped overnight. A few weeks ago she had no baby bump, at least, it looked like the "could be a baby bump but could be bloated" type thing. Now we're all wondering if she's having twins because it looks like someone shoved a basketball in her shirt.She takes it in stride though :)
  • Options
    I can't wait to have a baby bump!  I'm sick of feeling fat and bloated.  It's gross.

• Options
    I'm the mean one bragging to a pregnant woman. We don't have school tomorrow because of the state teachers conferences in St Louis, which sucks for most people because they either have to go to the conferences or to school, but since I'm a sub I don't have to do either :)  I'm not getting paid, clearly since i'm not working, but I am so excited for a day off.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    It's ok, tlv!  I forgot to mention that we have tomorrow off to make up for this day of torture.  And we got free dinner, but STILL.  I like to complain.

• Options
    tlv, I had off last Monday thanks to parent teacher conferences...but I also make about half of what they make, so I don't let them whine too much. I just hope my position still exists next year, they are already talking about budget cuts and getting rid of my entire (3 person) department :(
  • Options
    Oh no, katie!  I know how much you're enjoying your job.I really despise that the government talks about our failing schools, but then isn't providing any funding to make things better.  But they're still expecting higher and higher test scores.

• Options
    If the devil's disciples were to write a big book to rival the Bible, it would be called "No Child Left Behind." I'll keep my fingers crossed katie!And I like to complain too, mostly about my job :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    My boss keeps laughing/commending me because I keep coming up with different ways to make what we do very visible. I mean, today my boss and I were both out for 2 hours and everyone, including the principal, was in a panic that we weren't there to fix things. Um..yeah..you won't survive if we don't exist!Apparently my reputation is spreading very quickly among the schools though, they even coined a phrase after me! So hopefully I can get a position at another school if they cut this one.Yeah, the kids are all biitching they have pay for parking this year. All the adults are just like, um...you pay for parking, I have a job, I like this.
  • Options
    If the devil's disciples were to write a big book to rival the Bible, it would be called "No Child Left Behind."Amazing.  I agree.I just hate how everything is now the school's responsibility.  Teachers can get in trouble because of kids not doing well, but when they have no support or encouragement from home, sometimes that's impossible.  But it's our fault.

• Options
    Yes...we have conferences in like 3 weeks and I made it so that I will maybe have 1 conference that day. It's frustrating and I hate those days. One year a friend of mine stayed until 9pm. What possessed her to do that is still up in the air.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tmm - what do you teach?

• Options
    I feel your pain, Sucrets. We were supposed to have a work day/parent conference day Tuesday. Instead, we got a furlough day. Nice to have the day off, but cutting my pay is not cool. At least our health insurance premiums are "only" going up 10% next year.
  • Options
    Does that mean you get out of conferences?Sucks to lose pay, though.  :(

• Options
    Yep, we got out of the conferences. So far we have had 3 furlough days, as urged by the governor. At our last faculty meeting we were told that we could have as many as 7 more days this school year. 3 days, my budget could handle. 10 days? We are talking not having enough money to pay my bills.
  • Options
    If I wasn't stuck at home working on homework, I'd totally come visit you!At least you get tomorrow off.  I'm a little peeved that the tech guy gets tomorrow off, too, even though he's not stuck at the school right now.  He's been rubbing it in my face all day.
  • Options
    Wow, sara, I'm so sorry.  That really sucks.  :(

• Options
    Seriously?  Can I have Josh's job?I just kept myself entertained for the past hour by playing piano and singing.  Up to 11 parents now, though!  Woot!  People like me!

• Options
    I want his job, too, but just for tomorrow ;)  He works too hard, and my job is really cushy.11 parents, that's actually pretty good considering most parents in this town don't really care about the conferences.
  • Options
    In my experience, tons of 6th grade parents show up and significantly less older ones.  Of course, most of the parents that show up have kids that are doing great.  At least it makes it easier on me - giving good news is fun!15 more minutessssss....I'm SO out the door at 8pm.

• Options
    Well at least you don't have to dish out any bad news.  And I guess it makes sense that parents of younger students attend the conferences more than older students.  Older students should know how to behave and do their work by the time their seniors in high school! I'm not looking forward to this part of teaching once I start, but everything else I'm excited about.
  • Options
    It's just a long day, and it sucks that we get no break.  Not like I would have been able to go home, anyway, but I used to be fine if I napped in between.  My old district just had them in the evening for a few hours.  This 13 hour work day thing blows.

• Options
    Yeah this school district has always done some things a little wonky.In the past (I don't know how long you've taught here), the Friday after conferences wasn't an off-day; everyone still had to come in.  They changed it last year I think.
  • Options
    This is my 2nd year.  The day off makes it easier to get through this long day.  Only, we had the snow day last spring, so we didn't get that off.  :(I'm almost free!  Gonna pee and then shut down and head home.  Yay!  Ttyl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards