Maine
Options

Cake Questions and thoughts

So I am having a hard time choosing between a simple cake with the chorus of our song written around it or I had an idea of a timeline cake.I wouldn't want to do pictures as a timeline but to have it airbrushed with different events such as graduations, first apartment, first date, proposal, and at the top would be the wedding day itself.Does anyone know of any cake decorators who could put something like that together?  If we don't do the timeline cake I was thinking of having each of our tables named after a year we have been together with pictures and stuff from each of those years.What do you guys think simple with table timeline or a timeline cake.Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated... and recommendations.

Re: Cake Questions and thoughts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the timeline tables would be easier and less expensive to pull off, but that's just me. I like the idea of the song lyrics on the cake.If you did want to look into the timeline cake, my baker could easily pull it off, but it probably wouldn't be cheap. The man could do anything with cake, he's an absolute genius. If you do want to look into it, I used Owen Dyer of Confection Art in York. I can't think of his website address off the top of my head, but if you google it, you'll find him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting the vision of the time line cake.  I think it would be lost on a lot of guests unless they spent time aruond the cake studying it.  Tables named after each year would be a good and popular idea.  Also MUCH cheaper!  Wedding cakes are insanely expensive.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to what other people have said. I dont know how closely people look at a cake, so if there are small or intricate details, most might not notice. People will spend more time at their tables so they'll have more time to look at things like photos.But you could still have more than a simple cake if you want to! People can do some crazy stuff with cakes. If you really want a detailed cake, then I say go for it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kev'sbridekev'sbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Norman Sprague of Norman's Cakes and Catering did a great "grooms cake" for my husband and I....I emailed him a photo to put on the cake and he suprised us both by adding a lot to it and made it more than I could hope for
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious -- what did you decide to do? I'm sure whatever it is will be great!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards