Rhode Island

Spots for a bridal shower?

Hi! I'm planning a bridal shower for my sister in early April. Any suggestions for places  near Providence or heading east via 195?

Emily

Re: Spots for a bridal shower?

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like CAV. It has a really cute funky atmosphere and a nice brunch menu. Plus a private back room thats a good size.

Or the Duck and Bunny is Super cute on Wickeden street.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a baby shower at the CAV and enjoyed it alot. I am having a small wedding and reception and am considering using the restaurant for the reception...i havent researched prices tho.
  • edited December 2011
    yes, Duck & Bunny is so cute inside!

There is 1149 East in Seekonk too...having a brain cramp, not sure why I can't think of other places...
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Cav!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_spots-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:c7600e5e-e82e-4fef-9d2e-0cbe4a78b9b6Post:3b559711-7d5a-4757-a9d7-7cff2e2110b2">Re: Spots for a bridal shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a baby shower at the CAV and enjoyed it alot. I am having a small wedding and reception and am considering using the restaurant for the reception...i havent researched prices tho.
    Posted by amanda+james=luv[/QUOTE]

My mom threw  a shower there with my aunts (its lilkely where mine will be too, since 3 of my cousins had their showers there)... I believe my mom said it was about $150 per aunt/bridesmaid-- so that was a total of $900 for about 35 people. That comes out to be about $26 pp... I would call to double check that because that was over a year ago.

I know that included a drink and their choice of brunch plus desserts.

Duck and Bunny has their pricing on their site as well
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    My baby shower is going to be at CAV.  For brunch, it's $15pp (not including tax+tip though).  I think that is reasonable.  The prices were right on the website, maybe they are for dinnertime too?  My shower is at 11am. 
    My friend's baby shower is at Top of the Bay in Warwick, and it's $11pp for lunch.  SUPER reasonable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My friend has a small wedding in August 2009 and had it at CAV...it was absolutley beautiful and the owners were so nice and accomidating!  My vote is for CAV as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pizzico Ristorante on the east side (Hope Street) is perfect and easy to get to.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my bridal shower @ the Bristol Yacht Club and it was GORGEOUS - My mom did an amazing job and it was a beautiful day on the water; it was awesome!
    My baby shower is going to be at 1149 east; they have a private room in the back and have amazing food!
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• ehercheneherchen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards