Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Feeling Ick!

So it started monday with a headache, woke up tuesday with a sore throat and got a headache later in the day (went home) stayed home Wednesday with a sore throat and headache/dizzy/ear blockage. Yesterday it was head congestion/ear blockage and dizzyish. Today, dizzyish. I am not sure if I should be going to my doctor's or jus riding it out. It's not intolerable but with everything going around, I get nervous. I also ad a dry cough this am and I am a little wheezy.   Bring on the professional (or not) opinions :)

Re: Feeling Ick!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Those were my symptoms, along with a fever of 104 - FI forced me to go to the doc who sent me to the hospital ER - they isolated me, swabbed me and I was flu positive - then I got a call 2 days later I was H1N1 positive..I would recommend calling your doc - tell them the symptoms..some docs are just prescribing meds over the phone - some will have you come in - and some will direct you to the hospital. Word of wisdom - if going to the ER, call ahead..make sure that they have a place to put you away from other patients - I saw a few peeps come in while I was there and the reception was a bit cranky bc they didn't want all the waiting patients to pick up what the 'flu' patient was carrying. Long winded response :) Feel better, lots of fluids and Mucinex helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm feeling sick too, similar synptoms. I'm working from home so as not to spread it everywhere but I've been sleeping more than anything. I hope you feel better :(. I'm going to try to get tamiflu when fi comes home with the car.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SWINE FLU! AH!feel better my love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in healthcare (not clinical) and they keep telling us that if you feel sick, to not go to work and call your doc. Please call, better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Recieved this in a work email today-- Thought it was interesting!!!     Fever Fever is rare with a cold. Fever is usually present with the flu in up to 80% of all flu cases A temperature of 100°F or higher for 3 to 4 days is associated with the flu. Coughing A hacking, productive (mucus- producing) cough is often present with a cold. A non-productive (non-mucus producing) cough is usually present with the flu (sometimes referred to as dry cough). Aches Slight body aches and pains can be part of a cold. Severe aches and pains are common with the flu. Stuffy Nose Stuffy nose is commonly present with a cold and typically resolves spontaneously within a week . Stuffy nose is not commonly present with the flu. Chills Chills are uncommon with a cold. 60% of people who have the flu experience chills. Tiredness Tiredness is fairly mild with a cold. Tiredness is moderate to severe with the flu. Sneezing Sneezing is commonly present with a cold. Sneezing is not common with the flu. Sudden Symptoms Cold symptoms tend to develop over a few days . The flu has a rapid onset within 3-6 hours . The flu hits hard and includes sudden symptoms like high fever, aches and pains . Headache A headache is fairly uncommon with a cold. A headache is very common with the flu, present in 80% of flu cases . Sore Throat Sore throat is commonly present with a cold. Sore throat is not commonly present with the flu. Chest Discomfort Chest discomfort is mild to moderate with a cold. Chest discomfort is often severe with the flu.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eeek. No fever or aches. Other then the little bit of dizziness today I feel fine. I guess it's better to be safe then sorry. I am just not sure if I should wait a day or two. I get better each day.
  • Options
    MDalto421MDalto421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am seriously trying my hardest not to get sick... so far so good! *knocks on wood*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope that you feel better!Today I'm feeling tired & achy and like I need to cough - but if I do it's dry.  Our office is cold so its tough to tell if I'm getting chills or if it is just our building.  I really hope that I'm not sick, I've been fighting like heck not to!  Many of my coworkers have been sick lately.I know it sounds a little stupid, but I don't have time to be sick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dharmachick. I am in the same boat! I have NO sick time left. I took a day and a half off this week and that was pretty much the last of it. My manager is even checking into what HR is going to do because so many people are out of time and she doesn't want people coming in sick. They are having some sort of virus meeting today to see how to deal with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dharmachick - I work with an older woman that always says 'I don't have time to be sick' and in the past yr as everyone around her gets sick she doesn't - maybe there is something to that! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AlwaysABridesmaid - Yikes!  Yeah it would not be beneficial to anyone if people had to come in when sick - I hope that they work out a solution for that.Fortunately, I do have plenty of sick time.  However, things are really busy so if I get sick and take time off I would be worried about falling behind on stuff.  Somehow I view getting sick as a failure of some type!SHAMRK34 - Maybe there is something to that, b/c it sounds like me!  I think that it may be that I'm so nutty about taking precautions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in a school that has been hit HARD by H1N1, strep and bronchitis. It's all going around. Even if you don't have a fever you can still have the flu. You really shouldn't be going to work right now and possibly spreading whatever you may have. Go to the doc and see what they say. If they tell you to stay home ask for a doctors note that you can give to HR. gl and feel bette soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! My Dr. made me go to urgent care. She said because of my asthma I shouldn't mess around with being sick. Turns out it's an upper respiratory infection. A sinus infection to be exact. They gave me antibiotics to fill today if I'm not feeling better. Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you called and at least now you know what you have and how to get rid of it - feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards