New Mexico
Options

Photographer Poll

Ok so i want to know who everyone used for their weddings, if they had good or bad experiences and if its not too personal lol how much you generally paid for it. i'm interviewing some photographers on monday and i just want to get an idea of how much they are and who is good and who is bad. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Re: Photographer Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Natural Touch Photography with Guillermo.Well I havent gotten married yet, but I did take my engagment photo's and they came out great! I've also seen his work for other weddings and they are beautiful. Great price and includes ALOT!!What I love most about using him is that the pictures are yours! If you want to order a few extra then what he is giving you, you can have them printed out yourself. He doesnt restrict you from owning your own pictures!He's a great guy and has great ideas for pictures! Good Luck with your interviews!If you have any more questions on other vendors, let me know!
  • Options
    tvroybaltvroybal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The photographer was the first vendor I booked, Kevin's Photography. I love the style they shoot in, and although they're a bit pricey, their reputation is great and they have longevity. They even will give you one free sitting and 8 x 10 family portrait for the duration of the marriage (LIFE!). Occaisionally they will run half off specials, which I waited for and booked then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married here but I used Terry from Blue Rose for e pics and loved them.  My brother got married 7 years ago and used Kevin's. My mom loved them so much she was sad we can't use them again.  IDK what my parents paid but they got free photos if the family bought a certain $ amount of prints.
  • Options
    justjazzy98justjazzy98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Bryans photography. He is really up front and honest and gives you good ideas on what to ask any other photogs you may be interviewing. He has packages that fit in just about any budger and once you book a wedding package, you get the engagement session and disc with photos free.  You also get full rights to the disc of your wedding pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Frank Frost. He's been teh family photographer for about 30 year s and has done 3 weddings for us, 2 confirmations, 2 Senioritas, 2 senior portraaits and way too many family photos. He is on teh pricey end. We spent around $3k but that included engagement photos (we hiked up in the Sandias), 8 hours on the wedding day in Santa Fe, and our album plus lots of stand alone photos. I really like Frank. He does great portraits and he really excels at outdoor photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of prices are others paying for their wedding packages?  Did you all get your engagement photos on a cd before the wedding?  I'm asking because the photographer we're using won't give us our cd with the engagement photos until after our wedding.  We even offered to fully pay for our package (~$1600) so we could get our engagement photos before the wedding.  We wanted to make a photo book with these pictures and use it as our guest book.
  • Options
    kristintianakristintiana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Wedding Xpressions from El Paso (but they travel in NM). Our package was about $3,500, and included engagement session anywhere we wanted, CD of those photos, all day wedding shooting (he was with us from 8am - midnight), fun photo booth with props and 2nd photographer, 11x14 epic of our choice for the wedding reception, designed storybook photo album of wedding pics, printed book of all wedding photos, and I think somewhere around $300 photo credit with them. We're also getting the CD of all our wedding photos. I mentioned this in my review, but they were awesome. I wanted more of a photojournalism approach, not just the "stare at the camera and smile" photos, and their style caters to what I wanted. Their blog: [url]http://www.weddingxpressions.com/blog[/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't gotten married yet either, but we're using Destination Photography by Leah. We already did our engagement pictures with her, & she's absolutely amazing. For that, she charged us $25 per half hour (we did an hour session). For the wedding, she's charging $500 for 6 hours. & with our engagement pics, about a week after we had taken them, she just gave us a cd with every single picture she had taken on it (almost 500 pics!) & we can just get them printed anywhere on our own.Her website is:www.dpbyleah.com  some of our pics are actually on her site, under engagement :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't rave enough about my photog! Her name is Jody, you can find her at jodysportraitdesign.com She's awesome and she has amazing specials right now. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    desmonm - That is not right! You should be able to get your engagement pictures before the wedding! I did! I have full rights to them. The same day we took the pictures, he emailed me a link to see the ones he thought were the best. Then about 2 weeks later he gave me a CD with every single picture we took. Alot of people use those pictures as their save the date photos and many other things! That is not right!He is also making us a photo album that will be used as the guest book for the wedding reception. Its really nice!I'm sorry about your photographer.GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a friendor flying in to shoot the wedding - for everything I wanted, she turned out to be just as much as anyone i would seriously consider in Albuquerque.  www.openfieldphotography.comI think she might fly in early if anyone wants to do engagement photos or anything like that - seriously, I am blown away by her work
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Question - When you use a photographer you typically get so many hours with them, correct?  Say 5 hours.  Does the time when everyone's eating count in that hypothetical 5 hours?  I mean, they don't typically shoot people eating, do they?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    some photographers will charge a split fee if you want them to say shoot the wedding and formal photos (2 hours) and then skip a few hours and hit the reception (for 3 hours).  It depends on the photographer, its an important question to ask
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello - we're actually getting married in Arizona, but we have family in NM, CA, NV and TX - so we have been checking out the boards all over the place to get ideas.You may want to consider a photographer from out of town.  The one we are using (Tiramisu Studios) travels everywhere and several of our friends have told us that they saved loads of money booking them - even after paying the small fee for travel and mileage, etc. - check out their website:  www.tiramisustudios.com and tell them Cheryl & Kris sent you!!!GOOD LUCK...
  • Options
    jesunm2008jesunm2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is a little late, but we are using Kevin's Photography. He is sooo good! He did my sisters wedding 5 years ago and the photos are so beautiful! He really knows how to capture the moment.  We got their B package and it was about 2200 but they were running a special of 400 dollars off in August, not sure if they are still having that special or not. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Kevin's Photography.  Phenomenal!  Kevin is great,  he is creative and also has such a wonderful personality.  He was able to make everyone laugh and keep up-beat.  I think that helped quite a bit.
  • Options
    EmilyandJesseEmilyandJesse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Vladfoto. His work is amazing and he came highly recommended by the venue we are using. www.vladfoto.com
  • Options
    zoeandersonzoeanderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.jamieseye.com I just love her style!!!!!
  • Options
    ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I just got married on the 17th in ABQ.  We went with Mark Wayne (markwaynephotography.com) and had a really good experience.  His package pricing is on his website and I found it to be the most reasonable.  He also threw in a military discount since my DH is active duty, and took out the sales tax for us.  We ended up with a bill of about $800 which is ridiculously cheap when we were comparison shopping.  We got rights to all the pictures he took and he makes a wedding book with pics you choose.  I just received the CD's with all the pics he edited yesterday.  There are about 850 pics to choose from.  He did a great job of blending posed pics with family after the ceremony, unposed at the reception, and still life pics of all our little details.  He was super-easy to work with and wasn't pushy at all.  I am really happy with the quality of the pics I've looked at so far.  HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister also used Natural Touch Photography with Guillermo and we have nothing but praises for him! We have him booked for our wedding, but we also signed up for the NM Dream Wedding Giveaway contest, and if we win we'll have to go with Kevin's Photography (which, from your reviews, is not a bad thing, yeaeeeh!) But back to Guillermo and his team; they are incredible, affordable, professional, reliable, and absolutely great to work with! We liked him so much that when we considered to have our wedding abroad we were willing to pay for his ticket because our family loved him so much and he made everyone feel like a model. So check him out!
    "My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I misspoke. The contest's official photographer is Kyle Zimmerman, not Kevin's photography. Still looking good, though! :)
    "My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards