Arizona-Phoenix

Hi Everyone! (Oh, and dress shopping)

I'm new to the message board and wanted to say "hello!" Our wedding date is 4/10/10 and we had a couple of bumps while planning--namely our reception venue folded after more than a century in AZ. Yikes! But, we are back on track and are in what feels like the final stretch. I might be a bit late dress shopping. My MOH is flying in from San Diego next week to go to appointments with me. I'm starting to get excited (and a little nervous) about the experience. Has anyone else tried on dresses yet? Should I bring shoes and a corset/strapless bra? - Jennifer

Re: Hi Everyone! (Oh, and dress shopping)

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  Sorry to hear about your reception venue!  Where did you re-book>Every where I went shopping had bras for me to wear, so I would say no need for that.  I did wear heels, but I almost always wear heels so I probably just had them on :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on dress shops having a bra for meand the shoes and undergarments are only needed for when you do your fittings.Good luck!! :)
  • JenStevens76JenStevens76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your help! It's much appreciated so I don't look totally unprepared. Our wedding was originally the evening of Friday, April 9. But the Arizona Club closed its doors. So our reception and ceremony will be at the University Club of Phoenix on Saturday mid-morning followed with brunch. That evening we are having a cocktail party, too. When is your wedding and where are you hosting it?
  • edited December 2011
    You are getting close!Mine is the weekend after yours, Saturday, April 17!  Just about at the 5 month mark :-)  We are getting married at Troon North Golf Club, and to anyone reading this looking for a venue they have been AMAZING so far!  We had our tasting not to long ago and it was so yummy!
  • natashamaraenatashamarae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh how fun!!!  Everywhere I went also had a bra/corset for me to wear, and heels if I wanted to try those on.  I hope you find *the one*!
  • firefox0402firefox0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, any bridal store should supply you with a bra, especially since they will want to sell you one. One big (but little) tid bit- wear some Spanx or booty shorts something to help you feel comfy when exposed. Unless you are cool showing your thong to the store... lol... make sure to bring a camera and have your MOH take picktues of you sitting and standing, that way you will know how you will look and feel when wearing the dress.... I had it down to two dresses- looked a a photo of me sitting on one of them and it was not pretty... but it looked great when standing... :) Hope this helps!
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an April 10, 2010 bride too so I wanted to welcome you! Yeah for April weddings! Also, I hope you managed to work out the kinks with your venue & that dress shopping went great.
  • edited December 2011
    When shopping for your dress make sure you consider the cost of alterations in your wedding gown budget.  Almost all gowns need alterations and the cost can sometimes be a bit of a surprise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards