DC

Adelphi Mill or Darnell Chance House

dxwashdxwash member
First Anniversary First Comment
These venues are through PGParks.  Has anybody seen or been at a wedding or had a wedding at any of these venues?TIA

Re: Adelphi Mill or Darnell Chance House

• edited December 2011
    Adelphi Mill is right down the street from me.  It is a nice little park, but not sure how you would have a wedding there.  Plus...this area is not the best and traffic (one lane in ea direction) is a bit much at times...hopes this helps
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • dxwashdxwash member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. I am not too familar with the area and the website said fits 150 people and $600 rental. I knew it was too good to be true.
  • edited December 2011
    Darnall's Chance was actually the first venue I looked at. The space is nice, it's not too difficult to find, but also please keep in mind that you get what you pay for. If you want to have the feel of a small backyard wedding, then this is the place for you. There is an elderly neighbor that lives within 100 yards of the property, so the noise level has to be kept to a minimum. I will say that I liked the house and I liked the open yard surrounded by trees, but it didn't have the garden feel that I wanted. Throw in the fact that there's a burial plot about 30 yards from the tent and it became a definite no go for me. However, the $900 price they were asking is still tempting, but I'd rather pay more for what I want then just settle.I hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart."

161 invited image
    74 ready to celebrate! image
    87 won't make it :(image
    0 still to respond image
  • nicole0712nicole0712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dont forget to also check "monteplier Mansion", Pg Ballroom, and "Newton White Mansion..there also under Pg parks..check them out..very nice and good price
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards