Oklahoma
Options

etting excited!

just about 3 months to go :)i kind of went nuts and ordered some napkins, bubbles, candy, and favors.  thankfully i am doing pretty good on my budget ;)

Re: etting excited!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so envious of you brides who are getting close to your wedding day!  We haven't even chosen the date yet!  I'm getting antsy about it!  lol
  • Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo! congrats! I bet the time is going to fly by!
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  :)Tisha,Be patient.  It will come.  It took my FI and I over a month and a half to settle on a date.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lizardrach812lizardrach812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, it will come indeed. it took stpehen and i at least a few months to set a date. we got engaged on new year's eve, and our wedding is not until one year and a month afterwards, plus, we dated for three years...
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha... i have you beat ;)  We got engaged July 10th, 2009, and are not getting married until October 23, 2010.  we both really wanted a fall wedding, and he didn't understand 3 months was not enough time... so 2010 it is.  hehe  and we have been dating now for 5 and a half years.  im SOOOOOOO ready to be married alreay! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, if I get my way, the wedding will be October 15, 2010.  But he doesn't understand why I want to wait "so long" - he just doesn't get that there is a ton of planning involved.  If he gets his way, it'll be in April.  And, if we wait a month to decide on that, we'll only have 5 months!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add... we've been together for 10 years now, so I'm ok with waiting another year.
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, 10 years!  I will stop complaining!!! HAHAmy FI also did not understand why I kept asking for a year long engagement.  It was something we discussed several times before we actually got engaged so he would know when to do it.  he actually promised me we would get married on Oct 26th of this yr.  i started getting upset around jan, and we had the whole conversation again.  then he FAINLLY proposed in July, and had once again "forgot".  he just didn't get it.he gets it now though.  some of the vendors i have contacted are already booked (for oct 23, 2010).  Everyone told me it can be done in 4 months, but I'm the kind of girl that needs time.  If you really want/need a yr, then insist on a yr.  your not going to have fun if your running around like crazy for the next 4 months.  on the other hand, if you are the type of girl that can make quick decisions and not look back, and are willing to deal with some of the vendors you really want being booked, then it is totally possible in 4 months!GL!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rckstr773rckstr773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    same with me were getting married next september and he didnt get why i wanted a long engagement and now he does when he has seen all the planning that is evolved and we have been together for 6 years
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards