New Jersey
Options

Any Landmark brides?

Hi all,
Have any NJ brides gotten married or are planning to wed at The Landmark in Rutherford? I was wondering if anyone knew what their prices were like. Thanks.

Re: Any Landmark brides?

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    FI and I visited there last year when we were looking at venues.  It was $85 pp then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good god this was probably the worst place we looked at! It had some good reviews, so we checked it out and were seriously turned off. The lobby is very dated and the manager could have cared less about showing us around. They have concrete walls with fake frosted glass windows on them with uplighting in the walls to give the illusion of a window...it's odd! The dancefloor in the main ballroom was actually lifting as we walked across it....the cocktail hour room on the first floor was pretty cool though! So kudos on that!! As far as pricing goes, it started at around $65 a head and went up from there. That was for a Sat. night in April.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whenever i drive by, I'm a bit taken aback by the signage outside, which lists Landmark and a couple of other businesses (including a flooring company, I believe). Even Fiesta (which I understand has been renovated) doesn't look as odd. But maybe with Landmark it's what's inside that counts? I don't know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was recently at a wedding there.  If that's your price range... PLEASE look @ The Tides or Greycliff.  I feel like you will get much more for your $.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_landmark-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac9d1c63-64fc-4bf9-8b6c-7b65304d1d56Post:fbac6d04-f3c9-40bf-bea2-ee88665f8dc8">Re: Any Landmark brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was recently at a wedding there.  If that's your price range... PLEASE look @ The Tides or Greycliff.  I feel like you will get much more for your $.
    Posted by DoubleAS[/QUOTE]

I second this (if that's your price range). Went to a bridal show there. Not happy with the layout of the place or the food during cocktail hour. Even check out the Fiesta. I went to a tricky tray auction there and the food was decent.
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_landmark-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ac9d1c63-64fc-4bf9-8b6c-7b65304d1d56Post:fbac6d04-f3c9-40bf-bea2-ee88665f8dc8">Re: Any Landmark brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was recently at a wedding there.  If that's your price range... PLEASE look @ The Tides or Greycliff.  I feel like you will get much more for your $.
    Posted by DoubleAS[/QUOTE]

This is so true. We wound up at the Graycliff.  The Tides was very dated with weird brown cortory (sp?) chairs and the manager was rude.  The dance floor was squeaking and I asked him if they were going to fix it and he said "don't worry about it- you woun't hear it over the dj."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings at both the Graycliff and the Tides. They were both lovely!!!! Another one to peak at in this range is Bridgewater Manor. Berkley Plaza is flexible with their pricing as well. :o)
    Best of luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my reception there in 2010...
    we loved it....and it was the only place we looked at
    it was $85/pp on a saturday night in october, including the vienese hour for 175 people...we had the large room downstairs
    we were so happy with it, and even til now people tell us how great the food was.....
    the landmark gets dumped on a lot around here, and i don't really know why
    there was so much food, and the staff was great, and the managers and the maitre d were awesome....
    we had 5 other weddings to go to that year, and i don't think any of the other venues were any better than ours (incl the tides and the brownstone)
    i'd say make you your mind for yourself, and don't listen to what other people here say
    they're all obviously partial to their venue 
    i'm glad i didn't listen to anyone here, bc we were so happy with our decision
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to offended anyone to each it's own, but I was extremely turned off by The Landmark. It looked dirty and outdated to me I agree you will get more for your money at those other venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcupbergertcupberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks to all that responded! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to both, I liked the landmark better than fiesta.  food was decent and the big room and cocktail hour room were nice
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards