Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Help and Recommendations - Caribbean and Mexico

We have started looking for the perfect honeymoon spot but are not having much luck and are getting a little frustrated. We have met with 2 travel agents and have had some good suggestions but nothing has really 'struck' us yet to say that is definitely where we want to go. We are looking for an all-inclusive beach resort in the caribbean or Mexico. We are looking to go for 8-9 nights and would like to keep the cost at around $4500. We want to go to a moderately-sized resort that has some charm (like hammocks, netting on the beds) and some activities. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Honeymoon Help and Recommendations - Caribbean and Mexico

• Options
    Maybe take a look at the Royal Playa Del Carmen or Royal Cancun (both in Mexico).  They have hammocks (and netting, I think).   We're going to Royal PDC, it looks great!Check out tripadvisor.com if you haven't already
  • Options
    We're going to the Valentin Imperial Maya 7 nights for $3200 including flights and insurance It has all the things you listed and the beach is one of the best in Mexico.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to the Grand Palladium Riviera in Riviera Maya, Cancun...We got a jr ste in the adult only section with a jacuizzi on the balcony....I think it's quite a large resort and other parts allow kids but there is an adult only section with an adult only pool we are going for 8 nights/7 days and it was 1200 a person including airfair so not bad at all....
  • Options
    We came back 4 weeks ago from 8 nights at Secrets Capri Riviera Maya -Mexico (cancun) . Its the most amazing place ever. All inclusive, adult only, Unlimited spa treatments (4 per person per day) luxurious to the top, all day activities, fantastic weather, great beach and swimming pools, shows at night, free all liquor including beer and shots, and also free all bottled water, and more . If you go ask for massage by Paulino at the spa. He's a super massage therapist for the back. We paid $4000 without airfare. The way to do it is : Deluxe ocean view suite , 8 nights , unlimited spa package,
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendations. I will check them out.
  • Options
    I went to St. Lucia and Sandals for about $4500. It had loads of romance. Highly suggest the Grande!
  • Options
    I think you will really like Secrets Silversands. It’s located in the Riviera Maya about 15 miles south of Cancun. It’s adults-only, has great amenities and services, a modern, chic design and awesome food. I could go on and on... Secrets definitely works hard to keep everyone entertained. Some popular activities are sailing, snorkeling, hobie cats, euro-bungee, pool volleyball and tons more. At night you can dance the night away at Desires nightclub located at the resort. You can also participate in an organize pub-crawl to Cancun. I’ve been to other all-inclusive resorts and one great thing about Secrets Silversands is that you are free to dine whenever you like - the restaurants don’t require reservations or wristbands. The food is amazing at any of the eight themed restaurants (Mexican, Seafood, French, Mediterranean). I hope you enjoy your getaway!
  • Options
    My cousin just got back from her honeymoon in Riviera Maya. They stayed at El Dorado Royale Resort and LOVED it! I saw some pics and the grounds looked amazing. The resort was all inclusive and had a great pool with cabanas and there was also a lot of things you could do if you got sick of hanging by the beach/pool. They went on a Jeep ride through a jungle, ziplined, saw the ruins at Tulum, and more. They had an amazing time and she is recommending it to everyone.
  • Options
    We're booking Couples Swept Away in Negril Jamaica, for the Atrium Room (which has a hammock on your terrace/balcony, no tv or mini bar but some of the other room categories do have this) it's $2918 for 9nights, add airfare and it's probably around $4000 at most. It's an all-inclusive includes food/drink and exursions (Catamaran Cruise, Snorkeling etc), they have 4 different locations each with different exursions and I've read nothing but good things! We're booking through myislandgetaways.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards