New York-Long Island

i heart kleinfeld!

I have to say, my absolute favorite thing about wedding planning has been my visits to Kleinfeld. I have my final dress fitting today, then will go to pick up my dress next Thursday. I think I'll spend extra money to get it preserved there because 1. I know they'll do a good job, and 2. I just want a reason to go back!Totally recommend shopping there for anyone!I love it so much, they should pay me to talk about them :)

Re: i heart kleinfeld!

• edited December 2011
    So glad you had a great experience there! After watching endless episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, I was too intimidated to go! LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly they're not my favorite place. I've been there a few times for myself and my friends. I've found them to be condescending and pushy. I bought my dress there when I was married in 95 and honestly I wish I went somewhere else.Glad you liked them though.
  • mccloskmmccloskm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just made an appointment there, swore i would never go bc that type of thing totally intimidates me, but figure with such a huge selection and hopefully experienced salespeople i will find something flattering!
  • lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Kleinfeld's twice...it's hard to measure the experiences.  The first time I went I LOVED the woman who helped me...so sweet...yet I gave her my budget and she showed me dresses that were like 2X that which was terrible because I fell in love with one!  The next time I asked for someone else who seemed a bit bored but showed me two beautiful dresses that I loved in my budget.  She even recommended a cheaper place to buy an Augusta Jones dress I liked.  So I think it goes person-by-person there.
  • MiDushi85MiDushi85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my experience at Kleinfeld's but honestly, i was shocked at how much they wanted you to pay for (on top of the dress). I found my dress there for 3700 plus 600 for alterations plus they were going to ship it to my house! I don't have room for that dress in my closet :). I found my dress again (same dress) out in NJ at Park Ave Bridal for 3400 and free alterations and free storage in their temp controlled warehouse... so as awesome as the experience of kleinfelds was (and I think everyone should have a fun experience like that) it wasnt worth the extra 1,000 i would have paid to get my dress from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards