Outdoor Weddings
Options

Unity Candle?

I need some advice! I plan on having an outdoor wedding in Oregon next july and I would like to do some sort of unity thing in the ceremony. My husband-to-be likes the idea of a condle but I'm worried about having it outdoors...it sounds silly but what if it goes OUT! I have seen other ideas like the sand mixed in a vase but I'm not loveing it... Any ideas?

Re: Unity Candle?

• Options
    We are having an outdoor wedding as well and will be doing the sand. We have been collecting sand (or dirt) from every vacation we have taken and keep them in little glass jars with lids labeled with where it came from. So we will do the same with the sand during our ceramony and add it to our collection :)    
  • Options
    We got married outside and didn't want to do the unity candle for the same reason so we did the hand ceremony instead. I've included the words in my married bio under the ceremony section if you want to take a look. That might be something to consider. In addition to the unity candle and sand, there's also the water, wine, and rose ceremonies.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing for my outdoor ceremony. I like the unity candle, but if it goes out or we can't even get it lit up due to the wind, I know I'll stress.We're going to be doing a hand-fasting instead, but I really love the hand ceremony words you posted, Kappa. Thanks! They're beautiful and very appropriate. I might just end up using them for our hand-fasting, since we haven't decided on the words for that part of the ceremony yet.
  • Options
    Sorry for such a late response.  We did the unity candle with hurricane vases and they didn't go out.  I forgot the taper candles to light them with so we had to use lighters--that was our only problem.  There is a picture in my bio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards