Canada
Options

*theredskittle*

Hey - you asked me on my planning blog about the horror stories that I've heard about wedding stuff stealing! I don't know any of the stories first hand, but a friend that got married this past summer frequented on P&E and a lot of the girls shared the stories with her - maybe the posts are still there? She mentioned about girls dressing in gowns and showing up to a reception venue pretending to be a bride, or going to pick up a dress that does not belong to them at a store, or offering vendors more money and stealing the date from someone who has yet to sign a contract etc. Who would think to DO that? Who knows how true they all are, but some of those girls on P&E are a bit intimidating, so who knows! Ring_Pop mentioned in a previous post to be aware of that along with personal information when making planning bios and profiles - I think it is a very smart idea. I've purposely left most of my vendor details out of the picture, but will be happy to share all of the details afterwards. The only exception is my photographer, but I know her personally so I'm not too worried about someone stealing her away from me! Everyone on the Canada board seems very nice, but it's just smart to keep some things to yourself so everything goes smoothly. Sorry the stories weren't that exciting - has anyone else heard crazy bride stories?

Re: *theredskittle*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Littlin!Thanks for the post! I saw your wedding website, and it looks awesome! I did find out though, that coincidentally, we are getting married at the same church! (except I am a few weeks after you). Small world, eh? And I think that (and forgive me if this sounds a bit weird!) but I think I saw you at church a few weeks ago! :) Did your FI go to Queen's b/c I think I recognize him....he was in my friend's program, although I have never formally met him, I have just seen him around with my friend (that campus is so small!). Or maybe I am completely wrong and it totally wasn't you...BUT! If your FI ever can't go with you on Sunday, give me a shout and maybe we can go together (esp. to the German mass, who knows what's going on with that!)It seems like you are really on top of everything for your wedding. If I am in a bind a bit closer to the date, maybe you could give me some advice for colours you are using or decorations you are using for the church?
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that is so crazy - I have another common link with Ashley996 (I think that is her screen name) because she went to queens too, is getting married on the same day, and her FI went there as well. Yes, Matt is Eng '06 and I am ArtSci '06. Honestly we haven't been to mass in a few weeks because at least one of us had a cold or something, but it's very possible you saw us. We usually go Sunday at 5 pm. I'm actually on my own now until Christmas because my FI is in Nevada for work, so feel free to wave if you think you see me! In terms of decor, if you are using Father Mick, he said "not to spend a lot of decorations at the church - save it for your honeymoon" - his words! I think I may use a very simple arrangement, but I have yet to ask my florist about this. It's still 9 months away so I'm not worried about it. Maybe a tiny arrangement of flowers with a simple bow on every other pew, but not the whole way down because it is a LONG church and it will not be full. I'll probably also have a few arrangements at the front or near the programs, but he mentioned that we should take most of that stuff with us to use at the reception.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and in terms of colours, I will probably stick with the creams and ivories for the church. It has a LOT of colour at the front already anyway. I'm a firm believer that your church decor can be different from the reception if desired. I will have a lot of those colours at the reception as well...my ideas are constantly changing which is why I have booked my florist (a friend's mom who does great work), but will not pick flowers until the new year. What have you done so far in terms of planning? Don't stress if you feel "behind" - my excuse for having done so much is that I'm a high school teacher, and I had all of August off once I finished teaching summer school. I did a lot of creeping on theknot and other blogs and websites. If you want inspiration ideas, check out snippetandink.blogspot.com or stylemepretty.com - I love them for all their wedding concepts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards