Texas-Austin
Options

Engineer???

I'm a former knottie and been married for almost a year.  This resource was so helpful to me -- so I'm back, asking for more help... I just wanted to see if anyone is an Engineer or husband is an Engineer.  My husband has been looking for a job for 11 looooong months and has yet to get a job.  It's incredibly disheartening and difficult for us as a couple.  He spend 8 long years getting his undergrad and masters in Electrical Engineering - and we're already having paying back the loans out of our savings.  (yikes!) If you know of anything, or have any advice, insider information, anything -- would be incredibly appreciated.  You can post here, or email me at shanwalk2 at yahoo dot com if you have any questions!  I'm gonna post this over on thenest/thebump too - so sorry if this is a repost for you.  Thanks.

Re: Engineer???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend who has an Engineering degree just got a rad CAD support job. Not sure if that is something that might interest him, but I can ask her to share some info about it with me if they are still hiring or have her let me know when something pops up! My brother-in-law is an Engineer too but works in Houston for a LA based company. I can ask him this weekend how things are looking in that area if you guys are still considering moving out of Austin.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks Trish!The CAD thing does interest him, as long as it was Electrical - not mechanical.And yes, we're still considering leaving Austin for the right now.  He's applied all over the US - so any any any info you have would be appreciated in that regards.shanwalk2 at yahoo dot comThank you sooo much.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **leaving Austin for the right JOB.  (not now).
  • Options
    AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl,I'm going to shoot you an email in about 5 seconds, my fiance is the one who works for AMD and he might have some leads.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aggie - DH even has work experience with AMD!  He did a 9 month co-op there during his graduate school.You guys are awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are all here for you. My FI graduated from grad school at the worst time ever. He has no work experience except for fellowships. He is totally overqualified. He is now managing retail to pay the bills. It will get better, but at least there are a lot of us in the same boat. :( I do know a lot about student loans though. If you need help with deferring them so you don't have to pay while he is unable to let me know. I had to do a lot for that for myself. I might be able to help on that end. Good Luck!
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards